Employment Period: ASAP – May 2019
Reports To: Chef de cuisine, Food & Beverage Director/Executive Chef
Rate of Pay: $1,600.00 Bi-weekly plus duty meals
The Jr.sous chef position reports directly to the Chef de Cuisine (Whitehorn bistro)
Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Assisting with the smooth running of day to day operations of Whitehorn Bistro Kitchen. Ensuring set serves standard are being meet at all times. Ensure Kitchen are being run in a safe clean manner at all times. Ensure consistence and quality of a food product being served.
Assist with organizing, ordering, rostering and training of staff. Drive culinary innovation thru creative menu development. Assist with monthly inventory and food costing as required.
- Working closely with the Chef de Cuisine in leading and managing the day-to-day operations of the kitchen team to ensure the highest level of service and guest satisfaction is achieved.
- Supervise and train cooks and other kitchen staff in a high volume fine dining environment.
- Maintain on-going training and development of kitchen employees through performance coaching as directed by the Chef de Cuisine.
- Provide a ‘hands on’ approach when demonstrating new cooking techniques and equipment to staff
- Assist with staffing and scheduling in accordance to productivity guidelines
- Assist with enhancing food products through creative menu development, presentation and plating.
- Ensure a high standard of consistency and quality products and services while adhering to financial targets
- Product and supply ordering from respective suppliers when the Chef de cuisine is away.
- Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies if required
- Adhere to LLSR company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3-4 years supervisory experience in the culinary field required
- Red seal or equivalent professional designation required
- HACCP and food safety certified
- Extensive knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards
- Demonstrated ability to teach, coach and manage a team of 10+ kitchen staff
- Demonstrated experience in fine dining, après style cuisine required
- Demonstrated culinary experience in international and domestic cuisine required
- Demonstrated creativity in menu development and food costing
- Possess strong coaching, communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and for long hours in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team and ability to build teams
- Highly organized & detail oriented
- Must have strong leadership & problem solving skills
- A Police Background Check from your home country or province will be required upon commencement of employment
5 Days On / 2 Days Off – Business level dependent
Kitchen uniform (jacket and pants) which will be provided
Employee to provide non-slip grease resistant footwear in accordance with appearance policy
Job Type: Full-time
- Culinary: 3 years (Preferred)