At Brattys LLP we are a firm that offers a true team environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are at the forefront of representing high-rise and low-rise developers and builders, commercial landlords, financial institutions including all of Canada’s largest banks.
We are currently seeking an energetic, dedicated, and hardworking professional to fill the position of Law Clerk – Commercial Real Estate at our Vaughan location. We offer an opportunity to work for an industry-leading company and a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Real Estate Law Clerk
- Handles subdivision and developer/builder sales, purchases and plan registrations
- Handles commercial and residential purchases, sales, and financing transactions from start to finish
- Prepares documentation for purchase, sale, and financing transactions (both lender and borrower-side)
- Identifies title and off-title issues and addresses them accordingly
- Prepares reporting letters and accounts to clients
- Prepares and registers various documents in Teraview including Transfers, Charges, Easements, Notices, Discharges, etc.
- Directly communicates with clients and other lawyer’s offices
- Organizes and maintains physical and electronic files
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following:
- A post-secondary diploma in a related Legal Administration and/or Law Clerk program or equivalent years of experience
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a similar position in a Commercial or Residential Real Estate Law practice
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Conveyancer, PC Law and Teraview
- Excellent organization, time-management, and verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, accurately, and efficiently on multiple files with strong attention to detail
Thank you for your interest in our position!
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. We are committed to providing equal opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available at all stages of the recruitment process, at the candidate’s request.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $0.00 per year
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off