At Richardson, the work we do is essential. Every day, we work together to ensure a steady food supply for people around the world. They count on us to perform our roles consistently and responsibly. For this important reason, we are committed to remaining operational throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. As always, we maintain a strong focus on safety and quality assurance.
For more information about how we are taking additional precautions to protect the health and well-being of our candidates, colleagues, and customers, visit our Career Opportunities page.
At Richardson International, being truly invested is at the heart of everything we do. Richardson is recognized as a global leader in agriculture and food processing and has approximately 3,000 employees across the U.S., Canada and the U.K. At Richardson, we are committed to enhancing our facilities and services and supporting our communities.
As part of our Operations Development Program, we currently have an opportunity for an Operations Assistant at various operation facilities across Western Canada. You will spend the first year of the program learning about our fundamental business by working at one of our Richardson Pioneer locations. From there, you will be placed in our processing division and continue learning about our operations environments. The ability to relocate at least once during the program is required.
Throughout the program, you will develop a technical understanding of the process through hands-on training. You will develop the critical knowledge required and continue learning the personal skills and attributes necessary to become successful within our business. You can expect challenging hands-on work, mentorship from operational leaders, and the opportunity to learn how to develop effective working relationships in a diverse group of peers and managers.
- Hands-on experience in learning our Agribusiness (seed selection, crop planning, agronomic support) and Processing environments (oat milling and canola processing) working with people and equipment
- Opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of processes and operations in a production environment by working side-by-side with all levels of work
- Work closely with managers to gain experience managing people
- Work with operations teams to meet targets for safety, quality, and production
- Work with maintenance to understand support and planning in facilities
- Learn about food safety and the requirements for production
- Monitor and assess the efficiencies within the operation
- In pursuit or recent graduate of diploma or certificate programs related to Production Operations, Industrial Supervision and most hands-on Mechanical/Industrial Technologist or Technician programs
- Strong mechanical interest and aptitude
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to excel in fast-paced multi-tasking environment
- Strong analytical and mechanical problem solving skills
- Demonstrated computer experience within a Windows based environment
- Ability and willingness to relocate throughout the program
Richardson International provides an excellent compensation package consisting of competitive salary, pension, a flexible benefits plan and training and career development opportunities.
Interested candidates should click the Apply icon to apply online by October 29, 2021.
Richardson values diversity in the workplace. Women, aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify.
Reference ID: R5915
Job Type: Full-time