Finance and Compliance Clerk
ARE WE SPEAKING TO YOU?
The Cook’s Ferry Indian Band is looking for an experienced Clerk, Compliance and Finance to join our team! We are seeking a candidate who understands and has knowledge around the political, cultural, and spiritual protocols with our Nlaka’pamux community, and who will uphold the vision of community leadership.
Reporting to the Director, Finance (currently), the Clerk, Compliance and Finance administers and monitors the compliance of the following areas to ensure current information and accountability occurs for Finance, Housing, Human Resources, and Trust.
Clerk, Compliance and Finance
· Responsible for “Dashboard” updating for the Band to the First Nation’s Financial Management Board.
· Responsible to provide administrative support to Finance and Infrastructure and Housing.
· Responsible for policies maintenance are performed, including keeping manuals current and when required reporting to appropriate agencies.
· Ensures Trust and Post-Secondary applications have all the necessary information for submission for processing by Finance.
· Ensures all Housing applications have all the necessary information for consideration by Committee and then responsible for collection of rent is performed on a monthly basis.
· Ensures insurance documentation is maintained and communicates to the appropriate personnel and membership; this includes but not limited to collecting payments from members when required.
· Ensures all Employee Benefits Program documentation is current and reported to the program administrator.
· Ensures all Council Honorariums are maintained current and processed.
· Ensures all Consultant Contracts documentation is housed (i.e., workers compensation insurance, bonds).
· Performs the maintenance of all compensation information is current and reported; including benefits program administration.
· Responsible for the maintenance of Employee agreements.
· Supports accounts payable processing and audit documentation maintenance.
· Performs database management and electronic filing management; and
· Support contracts maintenance for the delivery of supported services and funding in accordance with current legislation, contract specifications, and agency’s policy and procedures are maintained.
This position is responsible for contracts and funding agreement maintenance, processing of various administrative and financial documents, system data inputting, establishment and ongoing maintenance of information and records, accessing various computer programs are all key areas of responsibility for this position. This position also provides reception and switchboard services as well as administration and program support to staff.
The position supports and works closely with Cook’s Ferry’s Management Team and is expected to serve on the following committees:
· Emergency Management Committee
· Occupational Health and Safety Committee
The position will work closely with the directors of each division in the organization along with senior management and council to ensure compliance for all reporting and finance processing.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,332.00-$45,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Commuter benefits
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday