Come join BC’s fastest growing grocery retailer in an exciting and challenging Risk Management role!
Save-On-Foodsis one of Western Canada's largest employers. Our legacy of outstanding value and customer service dates back more than 100 years largely due to our commitment to going the extra mile!
We are driven to meet the specific needs of each community we serve and have grown to become Western Canada’s premier grocer with four banners and more than 170 locations from British Columbia to Manitoba and the Yukon.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Internal Auditor to join our team in Langley, BC.
Reporting to the Audit Manager, you will be responsible to add value and improve Save-On-Foods business processes by performing assurance and consulting activities designed to improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
You will be responsible for:
Operational and Compliance Audits
- Documenting, updating, and further developing internal audit programs, testing procedures, and tools.
- Performing detailed audit procedures and tests, conducting interviews, observing operations, conducting analytical procedures, and reviewing transactions, documents, records, reports, policies and procedures.
- Assessing compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and business processes.
- Preparing clear documentation supporting audit work performed and conclusions reached.
- Recommending corrective actions to mitigate identified risks.
- Preparing written reports including audit findings and recommendations.
- Leading or facilitating meetings to discuss audit findings and recommendations with management.
- Performing follow-up activities, as required, to determine adequacy of improvements and implementation of action plans.
- Training new Auditors
Ethics & Conduct
- Facilitating the annual code of conduct certification and conflict of interest disclosure.
- Participating in an oversight capacity for Save-On-Food’s Whistleblower program and Policy & Procedure Management Program.
Consulting, Projects & Investigations
- Providing organizational awareness and technical expertise regarding controls & control environment.
- Participating in confidential investigations when required.
In order to qualify for this role, you will have a degree in accounting, business, or related discipline from an accredited university or college and 5 years relevant experience with 2+ years of experience in internal auditing preferred, ideally in a retail environment.*
- Accounting or internal auditing designation (CPA, CIA, CISA).
- Proficiency in using computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must possess a valid driver's license; position requires some local and out of town travel.
- Able to deal with confidential and/or sensitive information and have a high level of integrity.
- Analytical and have intuitive skills – you are able to reason logically and objectively based on evidence and professional judgment.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently with strong organizational and time management skills.
- An active listener with superior verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Capable of building and fostering strong working relationships and have solid interpersonal skills.
- Highly detail orientated accuracy in all work and communications.
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, we offer a great range of benefits, a company pension plan, free access to our onsite gym, free parking, team member offers, and opportunities for development and career progression.
Save-On-Foods is an inclusive team-oriented environment where we recognize achievements and celebrate them.
If you want to be part of an organization that makes an impact every day in our local communities, apply online today at www.saveonfoods.com/join-our-team
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- interal auditing: 3 years (Preferred)
- CPA, CIA or CISA (Preferred)
- Degree in Accouting, Business or related discipline (Preferred)