“UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions.”
This position assists UPS Package Drivers with deliveries and pick-ups of UPS packages at UPS drop boxes and customer locations in Barrie and neighboring areas. UPS Helper perform physical tasks in a fast-paced environment involving continual lifting, lowering and carrying packages. UPS Helper ensures the best customer service through efficiency and dedication.
- Delivers and picks up UPS packages efficiently and effectively.
- Learns and properly executes UPS package handling methods.
- Part time position, 3-5 hours a day, various start times available between 10:00am and 3:00pm, Monday to Friday
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs. (32 kg) unassisted
- Strong customer service skills
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Able to deliver packages by means of walking (load stands provided where necessary)
- Hourly pay rate: $20.00 (base rate $15.00 + hourly bonus $5.00)
- Note: This is a Unionized role and monthly union deductions will apply.
- $1000 retention bonus - $300 paid at 30 working days and $700 paid at the end of peak
- You will be working locally in neighborhoods around your home
- Opportunities for advancement within a Fortune 500 company
- Immediate access to 'UPS Employee Discount' program upon hire
The duration of the contract is until the end of December 2021 with a possibility of extension depending on the work volume.
Part-time hours: 15-20 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Casual
Salary: $20.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday