The Rotman Research Institute at Baycrest has an Opportunity for a
INFORMATION TECHNOLOIGY HELP DESK TECHNICIAN, FULL TIME
(Contract, Six Months Renewable)
70 HOURS BI-WEEKLY | NON-UNION | DAYS
The Rotman Research Institute (RRI) is a premier international centre for the study of human brain function. The RRI advances the understanding of human brain structure and function in critical areas of cognitive neuroscience, including perception, memory, language, attention, and decision making. With a primary focus on aging and brain health, RRI scientists and trainees, and other clinician researchers across Baycrest, promote and impact effective care and improved quality of life for older adults through research into age — and disease-related behavioural and neural changes.
Reporting to the Manager, Research Information Technology, the IT Help Desk Technician is responsible for providing support to the Baycrest Academy for Research and Education staff related to user support ticket fulfillment. This includes software and hardware installations, network cabling and computer equipment deployment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- User software support including installations, patching, removals.
- Hardware debugging and maintenance.
- User support-ticket fulfillment.
- Timely documentation of actions undertaken.
- Computer equipment deployment and retirement.
- Auditing of hardware, software inventory, and user accounts.
- Network cabling.
- Regular reporting to IT management.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Ability to work with desktop and laptop computers in a support role
- Must be capable of working with Windows and OS X
- Will occasionally be required to move computer equipment weighing up to 20kg
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Posting # 6232
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences
are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at [email protected] or 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen and submit proof of two doses of vaccination against COVID-19, unless exempt. Such exemptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.