Northern Zone, Aberdeen Hospital
3004216 PERI General OR ARH
Type of Employment:
Permanent Hourly FT (100% FTE) x 3 position(s)
Nursing Bargaining Unit - NSNU
Posting Closing Date:
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
The Registered Nurse (RN) is accountable primarily as provider, coordinator, leader and advocate of quality patient-centered care. The RN utilizes assessment, problem identification, learning potential, coaching, teaching and education skills to assist patients to manage actual and/or potential health problems arising from responses to their health-illness experience.
- Graduate of an approved School of Nursing and current Registration (or eligibility) and Licensure with the Nova Scotia College of Nursing is required
- R.N. with completion of or enrolled in a recognized Perioperative Nursing Program with evidence of ongoing education and the demonstrated ability to learn in a fast-paced, technically focused environment in order to learn detailed technical aspects of Operating Room procedures.
- If the above is not available, an R.N. with evidence of ongoing education and the demonstrated ability to learn in a fast-paced, technically focused environment in order to learn detailed technical aspects of Operating Room procedures. Willingness to participate in a training program for the Operating Room/Recovery Room.
- Recent experience (within the last two years) in all aspects of preoperative nursing (pre, intra and post) is preferred
- BLS-C (HCP) is required
- Must be willing to take call
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
- Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment
Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Hours of Work
Permanent, full-time positions; 75 hours bi-weekly
$35.0356 - $41.2784 hourly
$42.7230 with 25 years’ RN experience
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
Criminal Record Check
Proof of education & training certifications
Proof of any additional required qualification
Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Nursing bargaining unit - NSNU position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/