VAC Developments is a growing Canadian Aerospace and Defense Manufacturing Company located in Oakville. We are currently seeking Sheet Metal Mechanics - Brake Press Operators.
- Read and understand blueprints, work orders and process documentation to produce require parts for assembly and finished products
- Set up and operate Sheet metal equipment, including brake press, making adjustments as required, to ensure product meets engineering specification.
- Responsible for checking quality of formed product to ensure it is defect-free and ready for subsequent production steps.
- Communicate with co-workers and Team-leader to ensure production schedules are met.
- Follow health and safety standards and company policy at all times.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have CNC brake press knowledge and experience working with equipment that makes precision bends.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a Sheet Metal manufacturing environment including working with brake presses, shears, and ability to work with tight tolerances (+/- 0.005")is required.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints
- Experience with Amada equipment preferred
- Ability to setup machine to control speed, feed material and make adjustments to machine as required.
- Must be able to self-check for parts quality to ensure parts are produced effect-free.
- Have an aptitude for math, problem solving and the ability to learn new skills.
- Ability to work independently and cooperate within a team
- Ability to communicate well with others and be detailed oriented
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
Please note that due to the nature of our business, employment is subject to the Controlled Goods Program - Security Assessment.
VAC Developments is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.
VAC Developments would like to thank you for taking the time to submit your resume and to note that we will only contact those candidates who will be moving forward in the interview process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sheet Metal fabrication: 2 years (Preferred)