Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We’re currently looking for a Endoscope I Technician - Recovery (Repair Technician) to join us in our Richmond Hill, ON office in the Greater Toronto Area.
This position is a 12 months contract.
Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
The Endoscope I Technician - Recovery (Repair Technician) must understand and accept the responsibility to ensure the safety of all Olympus products that are repaired by strictly following established processes and procedures. Under the direction of the Manager, the incumbent shall evaluate, troubleshoot, disassemble, assemble, repair and inspect Endoscopes, Electronics, or Microscopy products to meet company product standards and ensure full and proper functioning of the repaired product. Level I Technician: Assignments are semi-routine difficulty level. Requires daily supervision, detailed instruction on new assignments.
- Performs inspections and estimations of customer products received for repairs and troubleshooting.
- Uses a variety of small hand tools and test equipment to make repairs and facilitate disassembly and reassembly of the product.
- Completes and maintains accurate service records both electronically using the prescribed database and manually.
- Ensures that safe work practices are employ by observing guidelines established and enforced by Olympus.
- Maintains confidentiality of documents and processes.
- Maintains a clean, well organized work environment at all times.
- May also be involved in mixing of glue, data recording, calibration and cleaning of common areas.
- Follows established procedures on routine work according to Olympus on-line repair manuals.
- May be required to rotate through different parts of the repair department to ensure proper understanding of the products and the different repairs and inspection techniques.
- Meet or exceed repair and quality standard times
- Applies acquired skills related to the repair and service of endoscopes, electronics, or microscopes products.
- Actively participates and trains in the quality systems, quality improvement and '5S' programs as directed by management.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma is required.
- Electronics Diploma is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in technical repairs with mechanical or electronic equipment is preferred but not required.
- Repair experience in the medical or health care industry is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrate skills in disassembly, assembly, repair, quality inspection or equivalent in precision repair activity while meeting productivity and quality key performance indicators required.
- Sufficient manual dexterity with small hand tools (such as screwdrivers, electric screwdrivers, pliers, or tweezers) and experience with test equipment (such as light sources, video processors, mega ohm testers) and hand soldering to make repairs and facilitate disassembly and reassembly required.
- Ability to complete required technical training and demonstrate knowledge and skills acquired in periodic testing and inspection of work performed required.
- Ability to read, write, understand and speak English is required. Bi-lingual French skills are a plus.
- Ability to read and follow manuals, work instructions, job standards and related information required.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain established key performance levels of quality and productivity required.
- Must be customer focused with high attention to detail and urgency to meet and exceed expectations.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
Other Considerations (travel/hours availability, etc.):
- Expected to maintain acceptable standards for attendance and punctuality, and as a condition of employment, work overtime as needed.
*Hepatitis B vaccination is recommended for employees who are at risk for exposure to blood or other bodily fluids on the job. Service responsibilities include the handling of products and equipment that may have potentially come into contact with blood or bodily fluids. OCI requires that all employees working in areas that may be exposed to these risk, either provide proof of the Twinrix (Hepatitis A and B) vaccination or sign a waiver accepting the possible risk of exposure from not being vaccinated. If you have severe allergies or ever had a severe allergic reaction to a vaccine, please seek medical advice before taking this vaccine.
We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a competitive pension program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, maternity, parental and adoption leave and talent referral program — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
At Olympus, we put a lot of good back into the world, and what we do really matters. We are committed to making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling every day by crafting innovative optical and digital solutions in medical technologies, microscopy, industrial solutions, cameras, and audio recorders.
We view our relationship with and commitment to our employees with the same passion. Everything we do at Olympus is a reflection of our vision, and everyone here helps to make it a reality. We’re invested in our employees, great ideas, and how they impact the communities around us. We see the world through multiple lenses and come together to find the right answers; the best solutions.
THAT’S OLYMPUS. TRUE TO YOU. TRUE TO SOCIETY. TRUE TO LIFE.
Olympus embraces diversity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policies as well as our values prohibit unlawful discrimination based on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, genetic information, ancestry, military or veteran status, or any other federal, state or local protected classification. EOE Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. Please make needs known for accommodation.
Job Type: Contract
Job Type: Contract