Are you an enthusiastic person who wants to make a meaningful impact in your community?
At Christian Horizons we Value People, Foster Belonging, Respect Gifts and Serve Others. Learn more about Christian Horizons:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wPsgxzt4wQ watch our Careers video.
Direct Support Professionals build communities that value the contributions of people who experience developmental disabilities. They assist with activities of daily living, working collaboratively with families, advocates, friends, and community partners in order to promote full citizenship and enhance relationships. Recognizing people’s right to self-determination, and valuing their unique gifts while encouraging continuous growth and development.
Christian Horizons seeks to hire a workforce that represents the diversity of the communities where we serve. We are committed to promoting communities of belonging where Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour feel valued, respected, represented, and heard. We encourage applications from qualified candidates from members of groups with historical or current barriers to equity. We seek to provide accessibility through all stages of the hiring process for all applicants with disabilities consistent with our Accessibility Policies and the AODA. Please let us know if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.92-$22.44 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- Do you have the ability to work shifts including overnights?
- Assisting clients with personal hygiene and getting dressed
- Assisting clients with housekeeping or other daily errands
- Providing companionship and emotional support
- Observing and reporting on changes in the health or status of the client
- Taking vitals, height, and weight
- Preparing food and feeding clients
- Maintaining clients' health equipment
- Responding to emergency situations
- Administering medication
- Transporting client to appointments
- Assisting clients with rehabilitative exercises
- Providing support with academic, social or recreational activities
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place