Job title: Funeral Director, Bowers Funeral Services
Join our dynamic and welcoming Bowers Funeral Services team, serving Salmon Arm, Revelstoke, and Golden, for a career that provides a long-term, stable livelihood. We are hiring for two permanent, full-time Funeral Director roles. You must be willing to work hard, be highly motivated, enjoy a team setting and have a strong desire to serve families in their time of need. Excellent attention to detail and a consistent high level of accuracy is required. You will be assisting families working through a tough time. Empathy, compassion, and understanding are especially important skills in this career.
You will receive a competitive salary and company benefits. A valid driver’s license and personal vehicle are required.
About the Business:
Bowers Funeral Service & Crematorium is located in Salmon Arm, Revelstoke, and Golden. We are partners with Park Lawn.
Bowers Funeral Service has been an established and trusted provider of quality funeral services since 1947. As a family-oriented business, we are committed to serving our community by providing peace of mind during some of the most difficult times life offers. Our team strives to help in any way we can, whether you have suffered a loss or are looking for more information and support, we are here to guide you through with understanding and dignity.
Our business provides an opportunity for a great work-life balance in the beautiful mountains and lakes of the interior of British Columbia. We are looking to fill these two Funeral Director positions with qualified, action-oriented, and self-motivated individuals who are capable of caring for and understanding the life transition needs of the deceased and their grieving families.
· Must meet all licensing requirements in British Columbia, as required by law
· Current British Columbia provincial driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
Knowledge, skills, and requirements required for this role:
· Must have experience as a Funeral Director
· Will develop and maintain active involvement within the community
· Knowledge of computers and software including MS Office products required
· Performs on-call responsibilities including taking calls, talking with families, answering questions, providing initial details, and conducting transfers
· Ensures adherence to all applicable professional licensing authority, regulations and rules
· Strong work ethic, sales mindset, goal driven, and self-motivated
· Ability to professionally display compassion and empathy while effectively selling and representing the business
· Excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy
· Good interpersonal and communication skills including verbal, written and presentation
· Exemplifies values of integrity, honesty, trust, teamwork, and excellence
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and company benefits. This person will have the opportunity for advancement and further training.
If you are interested in applying for this position or learning more, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Cassandra Capone, Manager,
Email: office (at) bowersfuneralservice (dot) com with subject line: “Attn: Cassandra Capone, Funeral Director Application”
We appreciate your interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks, clean driving record, and proof of education are essential conditions of employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Funeral Director: 1 year (Preferred)