At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Reporter, OMNI News:
If you speak Tagalog fluently and have a passion for news, then OMNI wants to meet you. We are looking for a talented Reporter who will deliver stories that resonate with Canada’s Filipino community. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in journalism and a passion for storytelling and innovation in news coverage. As a proven innovator, you know how to emphasize creativity over tradition.
At OMNI we live, eat and breathe diversity. OMNI News is growing and this may be your opportunity to join Rogers, one of the best places to work in Canada.
- Collaborate with a diverse team of innovative journalists to produce news for Canadians who speak Tagalog
- Research and verify information to present factual, daily content with journalistic integrity
- Screen, select and edit material from internal and external sources
- Present scripted and unscripted coverage, live and recorded, from in-studio and remote locations
- Ensure your content reaches, engages and resonates with target audiences on OMNI Television across Canada and globally through our digital properties
- Take ownership of news content from beginning to end, across all platforms, while ensuring content is accurate and grammatically correct
- Write daily stories and promos
- Seize on every opportunity to innovate in the delivery of relevant content in the most timely, efficient and effective manner
- Build a strong network of contacts within the Filipino-Canadian community
- Write and speak fluently in Tagalog, and have a minimum basic working knowledge of English
- Able to question authority to push for transparency
- Adaptable and won’t allow obstacles to stop you from producing a compelling story
- Minimum 2-3 years of newsroom experience, using that knowledge as a trampoline to innovation
- Highly attentive to detail and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Unflappable, able to meet tight deadlines, to multi-task
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Fluent in the digital news space with an ability to identify trending stories on social media
- Experience with live news and field production are assets
- A broadcast journalism diploma or equivalent experience
Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position)
33 Dundas St. East (909), Toronto, ON
Up to 25%
Broadcasting & News
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
Our people are at the heart of our success
Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
We do what’s right, each and every day
We believe in the power of new ideas
We work as one team, with one vision
We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.