Intertape Polymer Inc. (IPG) is an acknowledged leader in the packaging industry. Leveraging its advanced manufacturing and technologies, extensive research and development capabilities and a comprehensive strategic acquisition program, the company believes it has assembled the broadest and deepest range of products in the industry. IPG is a recognized leader in the development, manufacture and sale of a variety of paper and film-based pressure sensitive and water activated tapes, polyethylene and specialized polyolefin films, and complementary packaging systems for industrial and retail use. Additionally, IPG is a leader in the woven coated fabrics industry. Its performance products, including tapes and cloths, are designed for demanding aerospace, automotive and industrial applications and are sold to a broad range of industry/specialty distributors, retail stores and large end-users in diverse industries. We are seeking a Maintenance Coordinator to join our team.
Title: Maintenance Coordinator & Planner
Immediate Supervisor: Plant Engineer
Position Purpose: Plans and coordinates activities within the maintenance department to ensure smooth operation of the plant.
- Conduct regular meetings with the maintenance team and equipment owners to establish work priorities and schedule equipment outages.
- Work with maintenance team members to plan work orders. This will include ensuring that work orders contain adequate instructions, all parts are identified and available and that labour resources, either internal or contractors, are available to do the work.
- Prepare weekly schedules for the maintenance team.
- Increase equipment reliability by working with the maintenance team to: developing proactive measures to avoid equipment failures and reviewing equipment failures and implement PM tasks to avoid recurrence.
- Prepare work plans and schedules for all major equipment shutdowns. Keep equipment owners updated on work progress.
- Prepare regular reports on key maintenance metrics. This includes weekly schedule compliance, downtime summaries, cost summaries, equipment failure investigations and PM compliance.
- Replace the Maintenance Supervisor during temporary absences (vacation/sickness)
- All other related tasks as requested by Manager.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience in maintenance planning experience in an industrial environment.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills – the ability to effectively communicate with team members to develop work plans and schedules.
- Demonstrated commitment to Safety – safe work practices are incorporated into all work plans.
- Ability to set work priorities based on customer requirements, impact on product quality, process improvements and equipment condition.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with a CMMS package and Microsoft Office environment
- Experience with predictive maintenance tools and condition monitoring
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- maintenance planning: 2 years (preferred)