Santé Cannabis is looking for an Accounting Technician to support all aspects of the finance department. Your main responsibilities will be employee payroll, benefits processing and accounting management, as well as all matters related to the functioning of the department.
Santé Cannabis is a medical clinic, research and training centre where:
WE TRANSFORM MEDICINE
by leading the way towards better science, better patient care and better medical cannabis.
WE INNOVATE AND ADVOCATE
relentlessly to promote education and research that empower patients and caregivers.
WE’RE ACHIEVING THE SEEMINGLY IMPOSSIBLE
by building a future where evidence-based medical cannabis treatments will be fully integrated into the healthcare system and free of stigma; improving the quality of life of patients and the diverse communities that support them.
At Santé Cannabis, we share the common goal to contribute to the well-being of people and this is felt at both the organizational and individual levels.
The development of our staff is of great importance and that is why we offer training opportunities to all our team every year.
If you are looking to make a difference, are highly motivated, enjoy challenges, and want to be heard, this the right job for you!
Why should you apply?
o Dynamic, diverse and dedicated work environment, work with passionate specialists across a diverse at a leading organization in an emerging industry
o Training budget set aside for your professional development
o Ability to grow within the company
o Flexible schedule and possibility to work from home
o Unlimited coffee in-office
o Help with balancing work-life demands
o Onsite wellness activities available to all employees -
o Fun employee initiatives and dynamic employee appreciation rewards program
o Comprehensive benefits package including, health and dental coverage, insurance, RRSP company-matching program and 4 days paid time off
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintain accounting books and records in QuickBooks.
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Record receivables receipts and make bank deposits
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account and credit card
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Maintain the petty cash fund in all clinics
- Prepare books for GST and PST filling
- Support the director of Finance in preparing the books for year end with the external accountant
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain the quarterly departmental budget: calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to the director of finance
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system (paper and paperless)
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Assisting with payroll and group benefits administration:
- Managing all group onboarding, offboarding and leaves of absence;
- Addressing and answering all payroll related questions and queries;
- Ensuring that payroll is handled according to the procedure and that all salaries are accurate;
- Group benefits management
- Verifying timesheets in Dayforce and preparing payroll in Powerpay for bi-weekly payroll.
- Monitor and order offices supplies for all four clinics
- Providing conflict resolution between employees and company executives regarding special permissions, benefits, and payments.
- DEC in accounting and management with a minimum of 5 years bookkeeping experience; or
- Bachelor of Administration, concentration Accountancy, with a minimum of 2 years bookkeeping experience.
- 2 years or more experience in similar position
- Fully bilingual in French & English (written & spoken)
- Accountable, dedicated and able to work independently and in team settings
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to details
- Critical thinking
- Efficient and ability to learn new computer programs
- Adaptability in a changing environment
- QuickBooks and Excel
- Efficient with MAC computers, knowledge of Ceridian applications Dayforce and Powerpay an asset
If you are interested, please submit your CV and letter of motivation
Please note that only those interested will be contacted
Thank you so much for your interest in Santé Cannabis
Reference ID: Bookkeepper
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00 to $53,000.00 /year
- Technicien Comptable : 5 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19