ONA Standard Position
Registered Nurse x 2
Ramsey Lake Health Centre (RLHC)
Provide nursing care to a variety of patients within the Surgical Program. As this
is a float team position, care will be delivered in a number of surgical units
according to program needs.
- A graduate from an approved School of Nursing (university or community college)
with a current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support BCLS.
- Current certification in Peripheral Intravenous Initiation and Maintenance.
- Certification in the use of a Venous Access Device VAD.
- Current certification in Chest Tube Care and Removal.
- Current certification in Central Venous Lines.
- Current certification in the care of patients receiving Epidural or Intrathecal pain
- Ministry of Labour “Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps” training
certificate is required.
Minimum of 2 years full-time equivalent experience (within the last 5 years) in
inpatient surgical nursing care.
Ability to provide evidence-based rationale for patient care decisions.
- Patient teaching skills, positive interpersonal relations.
- Ability to work in a high-paced, organized, team environment.
- Strong therapeutic communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office software, Meditech Client Service OE,
and GRASP software.
- Current certification in Non Violent Crisis Intervention, GPA certification.
Click here to review the Standard Nursing Position Requirements
Click here to review the Standard Nursing Position Requirements.
Bilingualism requirements will be posted in accordance with the FLS
Designation Plan. If a position is designated bilingual and no bilingual
candidates (both internal and external) meet the qualifications, unilingual
candidates may be considered.
Nurses will be selected on the basis of their skill, ability, experience and
qualifications as identified in the resume or fact sheet, which they have attached
to the posting application form. The Hospital reserves the right to conduct a
formal interview where required.