W.R. Davis Engineering Ltd (Davis) is a dynamic mid-sized company specializing in the design of infrared (IR) signature solutions for both naval and aerospace platforms. Davis performs ground-up design, development and manufacturing at our Ottawa, Canada facility. More background available at www.davis-eng.com
We are currently seeking a Procurement Engineer to complement our skilled team in our Ottawa office. This candidate will play a lead role in providing technical support to general procurement functions.
Your day to day will consist off:
- Initiate quotes and negotiate major purchases especially of a technical nature, and engage in all related aspects of contract management of those technical purchases with the goal of meeting or exceeding quality, delivery, and budgetary requirements
- Review and assess total supply chain risk and identify opportunities to minimize risk
- Review and develop supply chain procedures to ensure consistent operational methodology
- Source and approve technically new suppliers who can provide service which meets or exceeds quality and on-time delivery expectations, conduct site visits, and generate trip reports as required
- Review drawings and liaise with engineering design authority and suppliers.
- Act as the technical interface for incoming supplier issues and attempt to resolve issues as quickly and efficiently as possible, escalating to design engineering and MRB as dictated by company policy
- Support engineering and design with sourcing and quick turn requests for R&D as well as production programs, including ERP part creation
At a high level, the Procurement Engineer would be responsible for:
- Finding and evaluating potential suppliers for the identified requirement(s)
- Taking technical and business requirements and putting them into an RFP/RFQ for distribution to potential providers
- Conducting any necessary assessments (ISO9000, AS9100, customer references, business stability etc.) as part of a supplier pre-qualification process
- Participate in project meetings as required
- Coordinate technical and business telecons with suppliers as necessary during this process
- Ideally, we are looking for someone who has:
- Technical diploma or degree from a recognized university or college, preferably in Mechanical Engineering
- 2-3 years of relevant buying experience in an Aerospace and/or Manufacturing environment
- Experience with MRP or ERP systems
- Proficient in CAD systems, preferably SOLIDWORKS
- Good working knowledge of computer applications such as MS Office; specific expertise in MS Excel is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian Controlled Goods Clearance.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge of procurement best practices
- Strong communication skills in English
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong leadership capabilities and a results orientation
- Team player willing to help other team members as well as work with other functional groups to find ways to best achieve customer requirements
- Knowledge of contracting law is considered an asset
Please submit a covering letter and resume. We thank you for your interest in this role. Please note that only those qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Procurement: 2 years (Required)
- Aerospace or Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)