* If you intend on applying - please ensure you read entire ad and follow the application process required
Are you an installation expert looking for an opportunity to use your passion and talent to enhance your career in a growing professional firm in Winnipeg?
If yes, then please consider this outstanding position as the next step!
We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented, technically-inclined individual to join our office systems installation team immediately. A construction background is preferred. The candidate will perform efficient installation and assembly of commercial office furniture within clients’ facilities, including systems furniture, case-goods, accessories and wall systems.
Anthony Allan Office Furnishings is a locally owned and operated business based in Winnipeg, Manitoba. With strong ties to our community, we have been serving Winnipeg and customers across Canada since 1983.
Anthony Allan collaborates with business owners, architects, and design teams to create innovative office interiors, using the latest in office furniture and furniture design. We believe your workspace should inspire collaboration, enhance workplace performance and create organizational growth and well-being.
Dedication to our customers, industry and sustainability keeps us leading edge in workspace design and sourcing the best manufacturers available. We pride ourselves on creating innovative and inspiring workspace and in sourcing solutions properly suited to our customers’ needs and goals. Ensuring end results are meaningful to the organization’s we work with and their team is everything to us.
This position is conveniently located in our beautiful showroom at Notre Dame and Keewatin.
For more information on us go to https://www.anthonyallan.com/
- Has the ability to understand and carry out directions from leads and supervisors
- Read and interpret blueprints, product drawings and specifications
- Load and unload trucks with supplies, product and equipment
- Assemble and install office systems furniture
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Experience and proficient in use of power and hand tools
- Perform service and repair assessments and installations
- Is capable and efficient in assembling furniture, resulting in quality workmanship
- Knows how to assemble, fine tune and detail panels, electrical parts, components, case-goods, seating, filing, tables, etc.
- Is capable of reacting to varying project/field conditions and able to make decisions to solve problems and changes in the scope of work
- Understands and follows through with consistent and accurate paperwork
- Handle physically arduous duties (lifting up to 75 pounds)
The ideal applicant would have industry experience and a firm knowledge of the unique handling and installation requirements, however, all candidates meeting the following criteria will be considered. Is responsible for timely completion of the work with a high level of workmanship and superior customer satisfaction.
Candidates will be working on client sites in busy and high-profile corporate settings and as such should possess good communication skills, professionalism in customer service, and maintain a clean and presentable appearance and workspace.
We are looking for someone with this background:
- Minimum HS Diploma
- 2+ years’ work experience in Furniture Industry
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Ability to drive within Winnipeg is required
- Ability to be bonded.
- Able to work (sometimes) overtime.
TYPE OF PERSON WHO WOULD SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- Positive and outgoing – interacts in a socially engaging manner.
- Sense of urgency – with a ‘thick skin’ and high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Strong drive to help others and solve problems.
- High level of integrity and dependability.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A dynamic, growing company with the opportunity to take your career to the next level.
- Steady (normal business hours) Monday - Friday work.
- A strong and unique “family like” corporate culture that is committed to your personal and professional growth.
- A strong compensation package: including competitive pay and excellent benefits.
If you're excited about this opportunity and believe you are qualified to join our team, we would love to hear from you. Please send us your resume, along with a cover letter that briefly responds (in 3 separate numbered paragraphs) to the following questions:
1) Relevant qualifications and work experience
2) Why you feel you are you a good match for this role
3) Your salary expectations (ball park – and please don’t say “negotiable”)
* If you do not include a cover letter – your application will likely not be read
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in us. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and believe strongly in diversity.
Job Type: Full-time
- Furniture: 1 year (Preferred)
- Instalation: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)