Provide operational and project related training to hospital clinicians and staff, for various Clinical applications, primarily Cerner Millennium to support ongoing requirements and the Information Management strategic plan
- College Diploma in Business Administration, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Adult education certificate or courses (preferred).
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going learning (i.e. workshops, seminars) .
- 3 ye ars of related technical experience (healthcare environment an asset)
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with Cerner Applications (preferred)
- Experience with Adobe Captivate (preferred)
- 2 years of experience facilitating training sessions.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles.
- Flexibility to adapt training to suit the needs of the audience.
- Experience creating training documentation and coordinating meetings.
- Ability to learn new software very quickly.
- Ability to explain complex concepts in plain language.
- Ability to identify training needs and creativity to create new training materials to meet needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verb al and written.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to coordinate multiple concurrent activities while meeting deliverables.
- Excellent customer services skills (healthcare environment an asset).
- Ability to work collaboratively wit h all levels of staff.
- Ability to be self-directed and autonomous.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced and diverse organization.
- Ability to manage confidential data.
- Create training manuals, participant materials, case studies and ot her course materials for training sessions.
- Schedule and coordinate training activities, while providing administration support to the department and special projects as required.
- Provides daytime on-call support to hospital team for various Cern er Applications.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for prote cting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.