Job Title: Service Coordinator
Supervisor Title: Property Manager
Location: 10 Deerfield Drive, Nepean Ontario
Department: Minto Properties Inc.
Why join Minto?
We are an award-winning, fully integrated real estate company - proudly creating better places for people to live, work and play for over 60 years. With expertise in home building, construction and property and investment management, we’ve built over 85,000 new homes, manage 15,000 multi-residential units and carry 2.7 million square feet of commercial space. Our investment management portfolio spans $2.9 billion in assets.
Our business is comprised of four divisions with operations in major cities spanning across Canada and the United States. As we continue to evolve and grow, we believe in hiring the best people who are as committed to creating incredible experiences for our customers as we are. We offer incredible benefits and career growth for our employees including a competitive total rewards package, Minto Learning Centre courses, tuition reimbursement, and flexible summer hours in many locations and much more. Join us to find out how you can be a part of it all!
The Services Coordinator provides best in class customer service in all matters pertaining to the lease agreement, lease administration and suite occupation. And is responsible for coordinating maintenance and repairs for their designated property, including the triaging of service requests for both in-suite and common areas, as well as coordinating the maintenance team in order to provide best in class customer service experience.
What you'll be doing day to day:
- Prepare resident arrival and key package, in addition to ensuring smooth move-in and move-out coordination, booking elevators where applicable;
- Maintain resident database, which includes, processing changes to residents, co-tenants, occupants, guarantors, PAP conditions;
- Assigns resident parking in addition to issuing visitor parking passes, maintaining log thereof;
- Administration of, sublets, assignments, and termination notices;
- Processing of cash receipts and deposits on a timely basis;
- Create purchase requisitions for office supplies and other G&A expenditures for the property;
- Prepare resident accounts receivable reports, outlining and addressing any delinquent and/or past due payments, performs collection efforts on past due accounts;
- Prepares required forms and documentation in accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act related to claims, collections, evictions, rent increases etc;
- Responds to resident requests, inquiries and concerns for matters which pertain to the lease agreement;
- Informs utility companies of change in responsibility for spaces becoming vacant or occupied, approving invoices for vacant suites;
- May be responsible for coordinating party room rentals;
- Responds to all resident related issues promptly and courteously in a professional manner, informing management when applicable and if follow-up is required;
- Ensures that proper notice is given in advance of entering occupied suites and/or that the resident has authorized entry in advance;
- Prepare mass and individual resident communication, for example, upcoming events, repairs, changes to management, etc.;
- Prepares renewal listings for review by revenue team and subsequently prepares renewal notices as directed;
- May be required to show suites to prospective residents;
- Use of the ERP system, SAP, to record information and perform job activities;
- Supports team goals, objectives, operations and strategy for properties outlined by management;
- First line of response to customer requests, the service coordinator must respond to resident inquiries and concerns for matters which pertain to repairs and maintenance;
- Utilize a computerized maintenance management system and ensure all service notifications, orders and purchase requisitions are input into SAP in an accurate and timely manner;
- Understanding of the Residential Tenancies Act with respect to landlord rights and obligations, for example notice of entry, request of access, etc.;
- Coordinate access for Minto staff and contractors for occupied and vacant spaces as well as common areas; ensuring proper notice is given as required;
- May be required to monitor the use and inventory of spare parts; maintains supplies at an appropriate level;
- Liaise with other members of the property operation to ensure maximum utilization of technical and maintenance personnel;
- Ensure scheduled maintenance plans for property and equipment are assigned to personnel so that they can be completed on a timely basis, reviewing concerns / issues raised during the performance of these maintenance plans with management to pro-actively address concerns / issues thereby minimizing unplanned downtime;
- Provides input into the development of the annual budget;
- Perform all facets of the job in accordance with the legislation applicable to the jurisdiction, including: Health and Safety standards, WHMIS, AODA, PIPEDA and Human Rights;
- Other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, as requested by management.
Who we're looking for:
Education: A College or University education in a business field would be considered an asset.
Experience: A minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience in a busy client facing environment is required.
Specialized Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to influence without authority / Directing others
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act and Residential Lease Agreements would be an asset
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Communication skills (listening, verbal and written)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Knowledge of SAP considered an asset
- Initiative and creativity
Minto is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or support in any aspect of our recruitment and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)