What Is the Prescription For A Great Career?
At Rexall, we are community difference makers. Our hearts skip a beat when we meet talent who sees the bigger picture and wants to make an impact in our communities, our teams, and our business. This means finding even better ways to work, share ideas, and making a material difference in the Rexall journey.
We are leaders in health and wellness and a talent destination for over 7000 Rexall team members. We are proud to be part of the McKesson family, ranked fifth in the fortune 500. Together, we are defining better health through innovation, service, and living the "ICARE" values. Talk about a dream team!
The road ahead is one of adventure and heart. Are you our next all star?
The Role: Product Specialist
Reporting to the Manager, Employer and Payor Partnerships, the Product Specialist will be primarily responsible for creating successful products and services to help grow the base of Rexall’s Preferred Pharmacy Network (PPN) business.
- Gain a deep understanding of the market, our customers and our members.
- Product management, Creating and developing product definitions which result in marketable products and services.
- Pharmacy, health and benefits industry understanding and knowledge of market use of products.
- Leveraging existing services to develop new products to address needs of market segments.
- Drive a lean and agile development process.
- Testing and reviewing new product concepts to ensure client needs are met.
- Participating in new product pricing and effective promotional/sales planning.
- Define a product strategy and roadmap with prioritized features.
- Work with various internal departments to translate product strategy into detailed requirements.
- Support internal teams in delivering the product roadmap.
- Work with both internal and external groups to roll-out product features.
- Lead all implementation projects by maintaining and executing standard operating procedures through partnering with other internal cross-functional teams.
- Work closely with Business Development to ensure the smooth on-boarding of new partners.
- Be the key point of contact for issue resolution with internal teams across the organization.
- Collaborate with Marketing, other business units and external agencies to support client communications during onboarding process.
- Participate in client meetings when necessary.
- University degree in healthcare field preferred.
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years’ experience, with a focus on products and services.
- Pharmacy operations knowledge considered a strong asset.
- 2+ years of private payer pharmacy benefit management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated planning, project management and organizational skills.
- Proven client, partner or store relationship management and customer service capabilities.
- Quick learner: eagerness to learn and ability to rapidly assimilate new concepts and idea.
- Delivers results in a high-pressure environment with the ability to set priorities and meet challenging deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial abilities, with demonstrated creativity and the ability to move projects forward.
- Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong social, relationship, and team building skills.
- Familiarity with electronic research techniques; and PC skills (MS Office).
- Experience with B2B products.
- Experience in startup environments.
- Experience with data driven decision making.
- the ability to react with urgency and devote high levels of time and energy where deadlines require.
The Rexall DNA:
- Ready to make an impact- You are mission-driven and want to make a difference
- Builds consensus- Your people-first mindset shows in all that you do
- Embraces change- You move fast and change excites you
- Drives achievement- You are wired to always exceed your personal best
- Overcomes adversity- You see the world as glass half full and embrace a good challenge
- Trail blazer- You love creating the path forward and being able to shape the future
- Fun- You think laughter is the best medicine and your positive energy is contagious
Side effects may include:
- A closely connected culture
- Competitive compensation, pension, benefits, personal days, employee discounts, and vacation time
- Fully utilizing your talent
- Professional growth and development via challenging projects and assignments
- Warm and fuzzy feelings knowing you have helped your community, your team, the business and social causes through the Rexall Foundation
Are you #Allin?
Rexall Pharmacy Group Canada Ltd. is committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants. Rexall Pharmacy Group will make available to any selected applicants accommodations and/or accessible formats should he/she require. Candidates are encouraged to discuss any accommodation he/she may need in order to allow for the most effective selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- building relationships: 4 years (Required)
- product innovation/development: 2 years (Required)
- project management/coordination: 2 years (Required)
- business sales: 3 years (Required)
- marketing: 2 years (Required)