The Senior Accountant will administer accounts receivable and accounts payable, prepare month end financial reporting, and assist the CFO with financial responsibilities of the divisions as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive/date/code invoices received by mail, email, fax, website portals or internal
- Maintain purchase order spreadsheets
- Prepare A/P Accrual
- Manages day-to-day invoicing
- Complete appropriate cheque runs as required
- Process payroll and enter journal entries biweekly
- Administer employee benefit programs
- Maintain cash flow spreadsheets
- Prepare and enter month end journal entries
- Generates weekly and monthly accounting reports on a timely basis
- Develops and prepares weekly and monthly KPIs for operational business units
- Generates costing report; reviews and analyzes opportunities for operational cost saving as identified by the CFO
- Prepare, review and present month end financial results to management
- Support with account reconciliation on a regular basis
- Review trial balance weekly
- Prepare annual budget and assist CFO with details
- Prepare monthly and year end working papers for outside accountant
- Filing as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration Accounting with CPA designation
- 5-10 years of experience working in a similar capacity
- Experience in manufacturing facility an asset
- Costing background and manufacturing experience considered a strong asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office required; use or understanding of an ERP an asset
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Sound decision making and time management skills
- High degree of integrity and honesty, understanding of the requirements of confidentiality
This job is mainly performed in an office or meeting room setting. This position interacts with all members of the Accounting Department, as well as all members of the Management team.
At certain times during the year, the Senior Accountant may have to work in excess of their normal workweek to meet deadlines (month end).
This position requires strong organizational skills and long periods of sitting.
This position does not have any direct or indirect reports.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent