Electronic Assembly Technician
Work place address
240 Duncan Mill Road, Suite #405
North York, Ontario
M3B 3S6, Canada
Phone: +1 416-546-1575
Job type :
Permanent - Full time
At NeuronicWorks we provide hardware, software and system design services to customers planning to have a reliable product and looking for a cost-effective design. We offer complete project design and prototyping services, from concept to detail design, to building state of the art electronic systems that meet the increasing demands of today’s technology. Our mission is to deliver quality design with visionary, innovative and practical solutions to our customers.
At NeuronicWorks Inc. we offer a competitive compensation, benefits and perks package when you become a Neuron!
For more information on who we are, what we do and what we can offer you-- visit our website today!
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Perform electro-mechanical assembly, install and route wiring, cables and harnesses per conceptual project specification requirements, and with verbal direction;
- Accurately measure and assemble composite materials on patterns to form parts and assemblies using bonding agents and equipment:
- Basic electrical-mechanical aptitude including an understanding of electrical wiring, circuits and power requirements for evolving projects with excellent attention to details;
- Minimal knowledge about hardware testing (measure current, voltage and resistance) and PCB handling.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of computer and/or wireless networking technology and related terminologies;
- Supports manufacturing by soldering and reworking assemblies that have failed internal inspection or tests;
- Interpret Bill of Material (BOM) documentation and written assembly, modification or repair instructions;
- Calculate material usage and waste for each order.
- Having prior education, training & knowledge of basic electronics and/or electric power supplies are all plusses;
- Functional testing electronic systems
- 4 to 5 years of experience as an Electronics Assembly Technician with excellent soldering skills;
- Solid experience in assembly/rework components: SMD (0603, 0402, 0201), BGA, QFN, SOP/SSOP, and TSOT using soldering iron and Hot Air rework station.
- Windows 10
- Good knowledge of Linux platforms is an asset
- A University Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or college graduate from a similar program.
- Be very well organized and able to multitask;
- Be a highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently as well as in group settings;
- The ability to handle multiple diverse assignments successfully in a consulting firm environment;
- High level of organization and time management skills and ability to co-ordinate multiple tasks;
- Detail oriented with respect to quality and accuracy.
- Takes initiative to complete tasks in progress and seek creative solutions;
- Problem solving and resourcefulness;
Job Type: Full-time
- Electronic Assembly: 3 years (Preferred)
- assembly/rework components (0603, 0402, BGA, QFN, SOP/SSOP): 3 years (Preferred)