Calgary Progressive Lifestyles Foundation (CPLF) is a registered non-profit organization that serves adults with disAbilities.
CPLF is seeking a Cantonese-speaking supportive respite provider/roommate to support a semi-independent female client with partial vision and health complications.
The ideal candidate;
- Will be responsible to assist individual with home living activities and ensuring the safety and wellness of the individual.
- Required to provide companionship as well as promote community inclusion.
- Must speak clear fluent English as well as Cantonese or Taishanese
The ideal support home should have;
- Be wheelchair accessible
- Preferably no young children in the home
- Be a bungalow, with bedrooms on the same floor
The support staff will explore and participate in various activities with the client. These may include cooking, listening to music, and going to church weekly. Our client is also open to new adventures with the right fit.
- Days and Hours: 3 weekends/month
- Rate of Pay: $121/day
- Job Type: Contractual
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Candidates must be able to provide a police clearance upon hiring
The applicant should be able to speak fluent Cantonese, exhibit excellent written and spoken English, and the ability to work effectively as part of a team is required for this position. Experience supporting adults with developmental disabilities would be an asset.
Please submit your resume for consideration.
Thank you to all applicants; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $121.00 /day
- Support Worker: 1 year (Required)
- Class 5 Drivers (Required)
- English (Required)
- Cantonese or Taishanese (Required)