Our Richmond Hill clinic is looking to hire a friendly and motivated individual for a Part-time or Full-time position as a veterinary receptionist/assistant. This individual will be responsible for a wide variety of clerical office duties at the front desk providing superior customer service as well as assistant duties that will ensure the quality care and treatment of all animals.
Administrative duties include greeting and assisting clients, scheduling and confirming appointments, faxing, scanning and emailing. Operating the telephone answering questions and recording messages, and maintaining records.
The assistant will provide daily care to animals, responsible for cleaning duties in the kennel area as well as other areas where assigned and may be required to assist the veterinarian and veterinary technician with certain aspects of animal care/treatment procedures. It is expected of the assistant to handle all animals with the highest degree of care, ensuring minimal stress.
Please contact with your cover letter and resume. Only applications with previous experiencein a veterinary setting will be accepted.
- Must be able to provide superior customer service
- Strong communication skills (pleasant and friendly with clients, professional phone etiquette)
- Computer literate and experience with Avimark veterinary software and Microsoft Office
- Must be a resourceful, flexible and reliable individual with good organization skills
- Be able to work cooperatively with others in a close environment and independently with minimum supervision
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties including lifting items such as bags of food and pets up to 30lbs
- Must love and be passionate about animals and have an understanding of pet ownership
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Avimark: 1 year (Preferred)
- Veterinary: 1 year (Preferred)