Roofing Estimator / Sales – Full Time
Schreiber Roofing is currently seeking a motivated individual for a Roofing Estimating / Sales full time position. With an office in Hamilton established in 1953 and an office in Detroit Area since 1916, the company serves customers in institutional, retail, commercial, industrial, and automotive markets across Canada and throughout the United States. Specializing in built-up roofing, we are also approved applicators of most major manufacturers of modified bitumen, cold applied roof restorations, single ply membranes, green roofs and sustainable design (LEED).
Schreiber’s steadfast success can be attributed to a commitment from all employees to maintain the highest standards of workmanship and professionalism. At every level, from field personnel and foremen, to clerical and executive staff, the people at Schreiber Roofing make the difference.
- College diploma or post-graduate certificate in industry relevant program (i.e. Architectural/ Construction/ Civil Engineering Technology)
REQUIREMENTS NOT LIMITED TO:
- Obtain/ download Bid Documents
- Attend pre-tender site meetings and measure/ inspect roofs
- Ability to read plans and specifications to determine scope of work and required contents for estimate; perform area and quantity takeoffs for materials, labour, etc.
- Order tender package submittal documentation; Bid Bonds, Performance/ Labour & Material Bonds, Warranties
- Liaise with Architects, General Contractor’s, Owners and the like to discuss specifications, scopes of work, details, schedules, etc.
- Develop and grow new business relationships with clients and key decision makers in the construction industry
- Generate and pursue leads as potential new customers
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, able to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of intermediate computer skills and proficiency in Windows operating system; advanced AutoCAD, Word, Excel, Outlook are a prerequisite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Benefits: Full Health Care Benefits (Single or Family Coverage, including Dental/ Vision) for successful candidate upon successful completion of probationary period
- Salary commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full-time