As part of Main Street Community Services you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission, which is committed to improving the quality of life of our clients. You will also be committed to living the Vision, Mission and Goals of Main Street Community Services, in addition to our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
Under the responsibility of the Manager of Client Care Services, the incumbent is responsible to support our Clinical Team in all aspects of their roles. As a member of the Clinical Team, successful candidates will primarily be responsible for the development of Individual Support Plans, Behavioural Support Plans, and facilitating Plan of Care meetings, which are developed based on the Quality Assurance Measures and legislation put in place by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.
This is a 6 month maternity leave replacement.
Support in the development of person-centered programs, as well as review and provide feedback for behavioural protocols and programs, such as chore charts, incentive programs, etc.
Support with writing funding applications, writing transition and discharge plans, attending transition planning meetings, and writing any supporting letters that are needed.
Create social stories, assist with providing resources, and provide direct support to House Supervisors or staff members as needed.
Working collaboratively with a client’s circle of care, such as parents/legal guardians, resource workers, case workers, House Supervisors, and other community programs or professionals.
Attend weekly or biweekly meetings with the House Supervisors and Client Care Coordinators.
Attend any clinical related meetings as needed, such as meetings with psychiatrists, hospital staff, community resources, and school meetings.
Complete ongoing reviews of the legislation pertaining to our role, and ensuring the developed reports and practices meet these standards.
Provide counselling and direct support to clients as needed.
- Developmental Service Worker Diploma or, Social Service Worker Diploma or, Child and Youth Worker Diploma or, University Degree in a related field
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with members of an inter-professional team
- Excellent writing skills (English)
- Vulnerable Persons Police Sector Check
- CPR Level C and Basic First Aid
- Valid Class G Drivers Licence
- Experience working directly with clients with intellectual exceptionalities and/or complex needs and behaviours
- Knowledge of Community Resources
- Knowledge of regulations, including but not limited to QAM, Ministry of Children, Community, and Social Services, Part X, Health and Safety
- Experience with writing and documentation
- Experience in counselling and crisis management
- Experience leading meetings with families and professionals
- Knowledge of behavioural analysis and intervention
- Proven communication and leadership skills
- Supervisory experience and the ability to train and oversee staff
- Experience planning, implementing and management of new developments to meet the changing needs, in cooperation with other professional workers
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicates that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certifications, if applicable, must also be included.
Main Street Community Services offers a competitive compensation package with benefits and prides itself on its Employee Wellness Programs and commitment to enabling a healthy work environment.
Main Street Community Services is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the Administrative Office of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: $20.00-$30.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Flexible language requirement:
All staff wear goggles and masks when working with clients, No new clients coming in currently, all PPE is provided by MSCS.
- Clinical Care: 1 year (required)
- G2 drivers License? (preferred)