TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Huronia Transition Homes is a multi-site, multi-program organization operating throughout Simcoe County, providing shelter, support, education and advocacy to women and their children who have experienced abuse.
We are community members who are committed to education and advocacy as a means to end violence. We are also committed to providing shelter, counselling and support to women identified individuals and their children, who have experienced abuse.
We are currently seeking an individual interested in a part- time Group Facilitator (24 hours/week) at our Midland location in our Choices for Children program. The Group Facilitator will support in the delivery of a county-wide program providing support and follow-up to children who have been exposed to violence against their mothers.
- Knowledge of the issues and complexities faced by women who have experienced violence
- Strong woman-centered counselling and assessment skills
- An understanding of and ability to work with diverse women and children from various socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds
- Sound knowledge of group dynamics and group processes
- Ability to provide supportive counselling and safety plan
- Flexibility and willingness to travel within Simcoe County, valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline (BSW/ECE) and/or 3-5 years’ equivalent life/work experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in group facilitation, violence against women sector, or social work
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and eager to learn our internal systems.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Familiarity with the way nonprofit organizations are structured
- Genuine interest in our mission
Our recruitment process includes reference and background checks on successful candidates. Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment.
In keeping with our commitment to represent all our communities, Indigenous women, francophone women, queer-identified and racialized women are especially encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations if needed. We will consult with you and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.
Please submit a written expression of interest and your up-to-date resumé.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.41 /hour