Purpose of Position:
As a member of the management team, this is a leadership position responsible for the safe and effective delivery of the Community Outreach Program, and the Community Services Building services in accordance with the values and philosophy of Cornerstone Community Association.
- Completion, and maintenance of, an Enhanced Reliability Screening from Correctional Service Canada
- Driver’s License with own vehicle/insurance
- A minimum of five years of progressive supervisory, managerial and human resources experience in a social services or human services organization.
- A Baccalaureate Degree in a directly related field such as Human Resources or Social Work
- Current First Aid and CPR
Other Applicable Qualifications/Experience:
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Previous experience and knowledge of Employment Standards, Occupational Health and Safety, Human Rights Legislation
- Strong administrative and organization skills
- Case Management experience
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Crisis Prevention & Intervention Training
- Solution Focused Interviewing Skills & Motivational Interviewing Skills
- Experience facilitating meetings& teambuilding
- Excellent counseling knowledge and skills
- Excellent skills with computer programs and keyboarding
- Standing/walking for long periods of time.
- Bending, stretching, pushing, pulling, and reaching.
- Keyboarding, sitting.
- Institutional setting; Emergency Shelter facility, Community Outreach, Federal Corrections and Housing programs.
Hours of Work:
- 40 hours per week, weekdays with flexibility required based on Program needs
- Emergency back-up coverage in Shelter as required
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directly oversee Community Outreach Program supervision through close daily involvement in all aspects of program operations.
- Oversee Community Outreach Program Case Management Delivery Model.
- Schedule, prepare and facilitate regular staff meetings.
- Daily inspect the workplace for cleanliness and safety.
- Work closely with other managers and program staff to achieve cohesive program delivery.
- Design and implement new service delivery models when required.
- Manage external partners, services, and programs utilizing the Community Services Building, including scheduling, room bookings, and ensuring building rules and requirements are maintained.
- Attend meetings in community or with the Region of Durham etc. as delegated by the Program Director.
- Design and implement work schedules.
- Order, stock and maintain program supplies/products inventory.
- Ensure program purchases are tracked and maintained.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with partners such as the Region of Durham, CMHA, DMHS, JHS, Joanne’s Place, DRP, Lakeridge Health
- Be available to work flexible hours as required
- Provide back-up support for Emergency Shelter (ES) staff, including assisting in crisis situations, relief ES deskwork, including overnight shifts and any other situations as required
- Represent Cornerstone at public functions, conferences, etc. as required
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervision, Administration and Human Resources
Assist in hiring, job evaluation, scheduling, work performance management, discipline, labour relations and human resources administration for all Community Outreach staff, as required/delegated.
- Ensure complete orientation training to new staff.
- Ensure Community Outreach Program meets all applicable legislative standards i.e. Durham Region Community Outreach Standards, Employment Standards, Occupational Health & Safety, Public Health, Fire Code, Human Rights Code, etc.
- Assist supervisor in developing annual Community Outreach Program staff training plan.
- Documentation and tracking of activities related to training and staff development.
- Management member of the Joint Health and Safety Committee when required.
- Oversee employee lieu sheets administration.
- Assist Accounting Department and Program Director in annual budget process.
- Assist Program Director in submissions to funders as required.
- Supervise placement students from partnering post-secondary institutions as required.
- Update Program policy manuals as necessary.
- Document and track activities related to staff meetings.
- Track and maintain outcome statistics as required, and provide reports to Region and HPS Funders as required.
- Ensure standards are met to maintain confidentiality of all resident information, files and statistics.
- Ensure Program meets all applicable legislative, funder, and CCA standards
- Demonstrate daily due diligence and follow through in ensuring the overall safety of the clients, staff and student volunteers and observe and adhere to all Occupational Health and Safety legislation in the workplace.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $59,090.00 - $66,209.23 per year
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Care
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
- supervisory/management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)