Building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people.
Join our team and together we will forge a new path to meet the changing needs of our growing communities and champion a culture of exemplary care to deliver clinical excellence by creating an environment where the best experiences happen. Through new partnerships, a relentless focus on quality and sustainability, and a dedication to the best patient and provider experience, Southlake will improve the health of our communities and shape the future of healthcare.
The Central Communications Operator is responsible for handling all internal and external inquiries related to locating physicians/staff/patients via face to face interaction at the Information desk or via phone. The Central Communications department is accountable for initiating the response to all Emergency Codes/situations immediately. The Central Communications department is responsible and accountable for the effective dispatching and coordination of Environmental Services and Transport Services staff in accordance with current standards of practice. The Central Communications department houses keys/badges for staff sign out, and can assist with booking of meeting rooms.
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- Graduate from a Community College course in 911 and Emergency Services Communications preferred
- Minimum of 1 year current related experience in a Call Centre environment.
- Previous experience in a hospital setting is an asset.
- Previous experience on a console and paging system is an asset.
- Demonstrated keyboarding skills at minimum 40 wpm.
- Demonstrated ability in interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated professional and courteous telephone mannerism.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of hospital information systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Environmental Services, Transport and Linen departments is an asset.
- Regular attendance is a requirement of the position as is the ability to work shift work, weekends and overnights to accommodate specific components of the job.
- Demonstrated knowledge of confidentiality and FIPPA laws that apply to hospitals
- Demonstrated excellence in communication, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated problem assessment skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and teamwork
- Demonstrated individual leadership skills
At Southlake Regional Health Centre, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. Southlake Regional Health Centre is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is the responsibility of all Southlake Regional Health Centre employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.