The Production Supervisor is responsible for the supervision, coordination and effective scheduling of workers to meet production targets and quality standards. Responsibilities will include the training of staff in production methods, safety, policies and procedures, as well as the identification and correction of potential work problems and health and safety issues. In the course of their duties, the Production Supervisor will prepare a range of reports, and hold responsibilities for the effective budgeting for their area. Through the effective management of targets, goals and production efficiencies, the Production Supervisor will ensure the ongoing success of the plant floor.
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule the activities of workers.
- Identify, investigate, correct and document potential issues and safety problems.
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments or shifts.
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality.
- Complete production tracking and ensure that material consumption is accurate.
- Confer with management and/or staff to resolve worker issues and complaints.
- Enforce safety and food safety standards.
- Provide motivation for employees, increasing morale
- Increase worker efficiency and production rates.
- Monitor and assess employee performance.
- Work with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within and between departments.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules and other records / reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Provide information for production plans to ensure that production objectives are met.
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy.
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions.
- Prepare production and other reports.
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary degree / diploma in a related field.
- Safety Mindset
- Minimum of 3 years' supervisory experience with demonstrated motivating, training, appraising and general supervisory skills.
- Leadership ability and team building skills to effectively supervise staff is required.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word.
- Well-developed problem solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc.
- Strong negotiation and prioritization skills.
- Sanitation experience in food production is preferred.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON L4T 1G2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Supervisory: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person