Church Office Coordinator
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church
*Duties & Responsibilities
- Administrative support to the Ministers and other program staff.
- Direct and supervise St. Andrew's general office administration.
- Maintenance of member database including congregational information.
- Manage Parking lot rental, contact for parking issues.
- Administrator for church website including weekly updates and posting special events.
- Responsible for arranging room bookings.
- Oversee the volunteers involved in the preparation for Sunday services and front desk duties
- Handle givings, tax receipts and bank deposit
- Responsible for Bookkeeping and website for summer church camp
- Provide church administrative support for Session and committees
- Initial Contact for Marriages and baptisms
- Co-ordinate shut in flower deliveries
- Maintain Door Schedule
- Back-up support for Bookkeeper for vacations and illness.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- 5 + years office experience - experience within a church, school or non-profit would be a definite asset
- Possess strong computer skills and experience working with MS Office (Word and Excel), Publisher, databases, updating websites
- Experience with basic bookkeeping – experience with Simply Accounting preferred
- Will take initiative to resolve issues, quick learner
- Able to supervise and coordinate volunteers
- Meet and assist members/visitors effectively
- Some related post-secondary education preferred
- Proficiency in the use of office equipment
- Effectively plan and prioritize work
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to work as a team player
Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please call 519-578-4430.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $36,000.00 to $38,000.00 /year
- bookkeeping: 2 years (Preferred)
- office admin: 5 years (Required)
- Church office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)