Senior Field Technician
Senior Security Systems Technicians are responsible for the installation, servicing, programming and configuration of our equipment. Technicians joining our projects team will provide valuable experience in technology and low voltage installations from large scale capital projects to single line applications, including voice-data communications, fiber optic networks, security, intrusion, video surveillance and audio-visual systems.
Technicians will work with both Project and Service team members to install, program, commission and/or repair a variety of systems (Intrusion, Access Control, Surveillance, Intercom).
Prospective candidates will have:
- Solid understanding of IP CCTV, VMS, Access Control, Intercom, and Intrusion alarm technologies.
- Solid understanding of low voltage, DC Electrical theory (typically 12 – 24 VDC), and relay logic.
- 4 Years Commercial installation or service experience, in a relevant industry
- Working knowledge of building systems and construction methods.
- Completion of a two- to three-year college program in electronics
Completion of a four-year apprenticeship program in electronic servicing and repair
Completion of high school or college courses in electronics and on-the-job training is required.
- Ability to work at heights, off a ladder and in confined spaces.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and move up to 75 lbs as required.
Technicians will be required to interact with end clients and with other trades. Candidates must be organized and a team player. Job Duties will be performed indoors and outdoors.
- Install low voltage circuits and devices using a multi-meter.
- Maintain and be comfortable working with new and existing clients networks.
- Ability to test, troubleshoot existing CCTV access control, security systems
- Ability to read and interpret, manuals, schematics, wiring diagrams, and blueprints or other related documents.
- Install and implement new CCTV, access control, security systems.
- Implement new structural wiring in new construction.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Pre-wire structural wiring and labeling of cabling with cable dressing
- Installation of hardware with lighting and installation of 75-100lbs of equipment.
- Install, maintain and repair household and business electronic equipment.
- Inspect and test electronic equipment, components and assemblies using multimeters other electronic test instruments, tools and equipment
- Diagnose and locate circuit, component and equipment faults
- Adjust, align, replace or repair electronic equipment, assemblies and components following equipment manuals and schematics, and using soldering tools and other hand and power tools
- Complete work orders, test and maintenance reports
- May supervise other electronic equipment service technicians.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $27.25-$30.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB T6E 5E8: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
Work Location: In person