Are you looking to be part of something truly special and unique? We are looking for that person to take The Boiler Room, our retail component, to the next level!
You have a great attention to detail and a drive to provide the best customer service possible.
We are looking for someone to be invested in the success of The Boiler Room and the enjoyment of Joyride 150 Indoor Bike Park. We want a team member with initiative and an open mind that can help us grow and serve a great community of riders and provide them with an even better experience.
Duties and responsibilities (but are not limited to)
- Be a knowledgeable resource for customers
- Help plan and execute store layout and product selection
- Remain current on all the latest products
- Work with our vendors to maintain active stock.
- Receive and catalog all saleable items
- Manage and train retail staff and communicate with park staff
- Be confident building/repairing BMX and Dirt Jump bikes.
- Manage retail loss prevention
- Maintain a clean, safe and positive work/shopping location
- Communicate with management to ensure a seamless customer experience and maximize profitability
- Maintain POS system and ecommerce site.
- Interface with guests to assess service needs
- Count and reconcile tills at the end of the shift.
- Suggest constant improvement ideas
- Social Media/Marketing
Job Type / Category
The position requires a variety of working hours including weekends, evenings and holidays. Store hours are 12 – 8 every day. You will be required to work 5 days a week.
Ability to stand and move in an active, environment for extended periods of time.
Must have the ability to lift up to 20 kilograms.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Commitment to exceptional customer service (Required)
- Experience as a bicycle mechanic
- Retail experience
- A passion for bicycles and cycling
- Ability to use a computer and complete tasks on a variety of web based software applications
- Ability to understand and follow instructions and documented procedures
- A very strong work ethic
- Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English
- High School diploma (or equivalency)
- Ability to show up on time, all the time.
- The drive to be part of something and take it to the next level
- Social Media skills
- Attention to detail
- Outgoing personality
Attractive compensation package including benefits, dependent on experience.
To Apply: Please include your resume, 2 personal or professional references including contact information and most importantly links or attachments telling your story. Please answer the question…Why I will be the best person to manage The Boiler Room? The subject of your email should read “I’m the best one for the job!”
Thanks for reading this far and hope to hear from you soon!
Job Type: Full-time
- Retail Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bike Mechanic: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Markham, ON (Preferred)