In over 10 years of operation, Copperline Excavating Ltd. has grown to become a leader in our Overhead Powerline division and Underground Utilities division within the construction industry because of our unique combination of employees working together to achieve the successes we have attained.
We are looking to hire an individual who will contribute to our team of dedicated personnel. This will be a significant opportunity for those interested in advancing their career.
Copperline Excavating Ltd. is located out of Spruce Grove, Alberta. We hold a preferred vendor “A” Contract with Fortis Alberta Inc. for the Drayton Valley / Edson area which expands to the British Columbia border West of Jasper, Alberta and other Alberta areas. Regardless of the work load, time of year or weather conditions, all jobs and clients are treated as number one. Copperline Excavating Ltd. has earned a solid reputation for honesty, integrity and outstanding performance for our work.
Competitive Wages & Benefits, Advancement Opportunities &
Year Round Work.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Journeymen Powerline Technician Certification.
- Minimum of 5or more years of experience as a Journeyman Powerline Technician working on distribution network systems.
- Minimum of 2years of experience as a Journeymen Powerline Technician Foreman.
- Valid Driver’s License, Class 3Q or better with a clean driver’s abstract.
- Safety Tickets: First Aid & AED/CPR, CSTS-09, WHMIS 2015, H2S Alive, Ground Disturbance Supervisory 201.
- Competent with reading Fortis blueprint drawings, work protection codes, overhead, underground work practices and standards.
- Strong leadership skills, high priority for safety, display professional ethics.
- Must be able to work outdoors in adverse conditions such as: heat exposure, cold temperatures, rain, snow etc.
- Physically capable of meeting the job requirements’; ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds, ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and climb safely.
- Competent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring quality, conformance to requirements and client satisfaction.
- Promoting and enforcing safety and environmental policies, plans, and procedures.
- Planning and managing the job from start to finish, including locates, hands-on wherever needed.
- Directing the work of the employees in such a manner that the work may be carried out safely, efficiently and expeditiously.
- Coordinating equipment and construction crews.
- Understand and follow all safety rules policies and procedures.
- Be able to read and understand complex prints and single line diagrams.
- Be able to build and maintain strong relationships with all our clients.
- Analyzing and resolving work problems.
- Maintaining time records and all other required paperwork.
- Formal Inspection, monitoring and reporting of crew activities.
- Coordinates hydrovac and directional drills, or other sub-contractors, as required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Journeyman Powerline Technician: 5 years (Preferred)
- Foreman: 3 years (Preferred)
- Red Deer (Preferred)