BWXT ITG Canada, Inc. provides its customers, who conduct life-saving medical procedures for patients around the world, the benefit of decades of experience in the development, manufacturing, packaging and delivery of medical isotopes and radiopharmaceuticals. Headquartered in Kanata, Ontario, BWXT ITG Canada, Inc. employs over 150 highly-skilled people in Kanata and Vancouver, British Columbia. BWXT ITG Canada, Inc. is part of the BWXT nuclear power segment (NPG) of BWX Technologies, Inc.
Development Technician (12 month term)
We are recruiting for a Development Technician for our facility in Kanata, Ontario.
Working within the Development and Process Engineering team, you will:
- Develop chemical systems, instrumentation and process methods in accordance with cGMP requirements.
- Assist with the completion of ICP-MS methods design in consultation with the science specialist.
- Source, assemble and test chemical processing equipment.
- Develop manipulator compatible tooling and fittings.
- Perform experiments in accordance with established specifications and procedures and gather data for analysis and report results.
- Commission new processes, products, equipment and facilities.
- Assist in troubleshooting, custom maintenance and repairs of process equipment and facilities.
- Provide technical advice as directed.
- Normally, a technologist diploma (3-year) plus 3 years of relevant technical experience.
- Nuclear Energy Worker.
- Demonstrated capability to write technical documentation.
- Should be familiar with company organization, practices, policies and procedures and able to read and comprehend drawings, schematics, specifications and technical literature.
- Practical experience with optimization of chemical systems would be an asset.
- Familiarity with ICP-MS systems, test methods and 21 CFR Pt 11 experience would be an asset.
- Works under general direction and guidance. Decisions are normally made based on interpretation of well-defined policies and precedent.
- Have good manual dexterity and grip strength.
- Push and pull hand carts with a force of up to 25kgs on an occasional basis.
- Lift up to 5kgs on a frequent basis and 10kgs on an occasional basis.
- Work with arms/hands on a frequent basis.
- This position requires the successful completion of a Health & Hygiene medical assessment, vision screen and hearing test as a pre-employment condition.
BWXT ITG Canada Inc. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended or any other category protected by federal law.