We are the Canadian leader in telescopic forklifts and are experiencing significant Canadian expansion. Working at Manulift means joining a team of enthusiasts and seeing that your daily actions have a direct impact on the success of the company. We are known for delivering innovative solutions that maximize the productivity and profitability of Canadian businesses.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, the National Service Director will be responsible for performance management, carrying out continuous improvement projects, creating complex processes and customer satisfaction. He will have to quickly tame new technologies and successfully complete various implementations of systems related to the service. This born leader will take charge of the service department including more than 125 employees. Meanwhile, his direct team is made up of 3 Branch service directors, 1 Technical support supervisor and 1 Reference foreman.
- Optimize the quote preparation process and its submission including its level of quality;
- Structure and implement a strategic production plan by optimizing repair times, workshop / road maintenances and a chart of priorities;
- Build a audit “checklist” of work orders and self-audit 5 of them per week;
- Make process improvements based on problems identified internally and by our clients;
- Support the technical team in the management of problematic cases with customers and suppliers by minimizing settlement delays;
- Determine and apply a standard concerning: the time of the visits, the control points of the foremen in the workshop / road and technical support;
- Implement a culture of continuous improvement in all levels of his department;
- Suggest various performance indicators (KPI) and bonus plans;
- Improve the optimization proposals for non-mechanical tasks;
- Work in collaboration with the VP of Operations and the Customer Satisfaction Department to ensure total customer satisfaction;
- Determine, with the fleet manager, the mechanical and aesthetic standards for used equipment;
- Resolve disputes and problematic quotes;
- Establish and distribute policies and procedures to be used by our customers and employees;
- Build and implement a national and mechanical training plan, in collaboration with the technical support and the training department;
- Maximize communication with the various members of his team by creating a plan for daily, weekly and monthly meetings;
- Promote health and safety in operations and infrastructures while participating in OHS meetings;
- Develop a performance evaluation process for technicians, foremen and branch service directors in collaboration with the VP of operations;
- Take part in discussions while suggesting improvements to our infrastructures and equipment;
- Ensure a national standardization.
Experience & desired skills:
- Bachelor's degree in administration, industrial engineering or mechanical engineering;
- MBA or additional training in project management (PMI) or continuous improvement would be an added value;
- Minimum of 10 years of management experience including 5 to 7 years in a large-scale position (over 100 employees);
- Experience in training development;
- Interest and ease with numbers and financial statements;
- Perfectly bilingual both orally and in writing;
- Structured and Cartesian with a creative sense;
- Manages stressful situations well;
- Able to maintain and promote a positive, encouraging and motivating work environment;
- Available to travel at least 30% of his time.
- A stimulating work environment with a motivated team;
- A group insurance plan;
- A pension plan with generous employer contribution;
- Vacation and personal days;
- Job stability throughout the year;
- 24/7 virtual medical service (EQ Care);
- Employee assistance program;
- Corporate clothing (winter coat, jacket, shirts, etc.);
- Work equipment (for eligible positions only);
- Generous referral bonus (between $ 1,500 and $ 5,000 depending on the position);
- Free parking;
- Membership credit for a gym or a physical activity;
- Other benefits available depending on the position held.
*Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
*In this document, the masculine gender is used solely for stylistic purposes.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- management: 10 years (Required)
- perfectly in French and English (Required)