Sales Account Manager
Salary- 1/3 base: 2/3 Commission. NO CAP ON COMMISSION
Bilt Inc. Is a core business of the Jaffer Group of Companies and are recognized for entrepreneurial spirit and integrity in the construction management, land development, real estate, and hospitality sectors. We’re proud to have constructed and renovated over 1,000,000 square feet of space in North America valued at over $50 million. We challenge every employee to take ownership and improve both individually and collectively. We encourage collaboration, foster ideas and value trust. Bilt is a COR certified company and require all employees to follow rigorous safety policies and aspire to deliver great value to our customers
Presently Bilt is recruiting for an experienced Sales Account Manager to lead/ grow the sales and business development efforts for our construction company. The successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge of the construction industry with the ability for developing business opportunities and leads that will translate turn into new business for the company. Key target and growth areas for demolition and refurbishing will center on hotels, hotel chains, office towers, commercial strip malls and tenant improvement business.
We are looking for a motivated candidate that will be extremely responsive to customer service, listening to customer needs and translating those qualities into a quality finished product.
- As a subject nature expert in the construction industry; gaining and maintaining customer trust and respect of both new and existing customers.
- Attracting and opening up new business leads/ opportunities through identifying prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing customers, participating in organizations and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Discussing customer needs and explaining how these needs could be met by choosing Bilt “the company of choice” through specific services and recommended products for their renovation projects.
- Preparing drawings, estimates, and bids that meet specific customer needs.
- Monitoring market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales.
- Resolving customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Reviewing operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability.
- Maintaining customer records and leads by using advance automated systems;
- Demonstrated ability to “cold call” potential customers and establish relationships with decision makers.
- Extensive project planning and meetings with Bilt executive on a weekly basis.
Skills, Qualifications and requirements
- Minimum 3 to 5 years construction experience with a dedicated / demonstrated sales and customer service component required.
- Post-secondary education in business, project management or carpentry a definite advantage.
- Established expertise in dealing with personnel from the major trades involved in a construction/ demolition project.
- Demonstrated ability to give full attention to what other people are saying; being an effective listener and aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Excellent computer skills- expertise in all Microsoft products and project management tools.
- Demonstrated marketing and social media skillsets
- Class 5 driver’s license in good standing.
- The ability to provide a satisfactory criminal record check
- Legally able to work in Canada.
- Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Independence — Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Achievement/Effort — Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling Integrity Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, takes charge, and offer opinions and direction.
Lines of communication
- This position will report to the Bilt Construction- General Manager.
Full time position, working flexible hours as required. Hours of work are based on a 40-hour work week; available as required in the event of after hour calls, weekends and emergencies.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission, Permanent
- Marketing Strategy: 3 years (Preferred)
- Sales Management: 3 years (Required)
- Construction: 3 years (Required)
- business development: 3 years (Required)
- Demolition: 3 years (Preferred)
- computer: 3 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Edmonton, AB (Required)
- Criminal Record Check (Preferred)
- English (Required)