Aurora Academic Charter Middle School is a Grade 5 to 9 public school. School enrollment is approximately 465 and class sizes range from 22 to 24. Aurora School is in the top five percent of Alberta Schools in academic achievement for the past 10 years. Please visit the school website at www.auroraschool.ca to learn more about the unique program offered at Aurora School.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Educational Assistant (EA) will be responsible for working with individuals and small groups of students to assist the students(s) with classroom routines, class work, and activities.
The EA will also assist the classroom teacher with preparing materials for the classroom and discussing activities and student achievement.
Availability: Monday to Friday from 8:15am to 3:45pm with lunch break. Tentative contract is from December 10 to March 19 with possibility of renewal to the end of June, 2021.
* Grade 12 or equivalent education;
* Community Support Worker/Education Assistant Program certificate or equivalent post-secondary courses in child development and behaviour management;
* Bachelor of Education would be an asset
* strong knowledge and skills in Google Suite (Classroom, Meet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar)
* Effective written and oral communication skills including the ability to relate to students, staff, parents, professionals and other members of the public;
* Ability to supervise students in instructional and non-instructional activities;
* Ability to provide advice, guidance, instruction and directions to students;
* Current First Aid and CPR courses or equivalent an asset
* Experience with supporting online education would be considered an asset.
* Cover letter, Resume, and at least three references,
* Successful candidate will be asked to provide a police background with a vulnerable sector check and possibly a Teaching Certificate if you have one
Reference ID: EA MIDDLE 2020-21-02
Application Deadline: 2020-12-08
Expected Start Date: 2020-12-10
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
To keep our staff as safe as possible we provide reusable masks, disposable gloves, sneeze guards, face shields, and unlimited sanitizer