Client Care Specialist
Location: Eastern Shore Veterinary Hospital
Hours: Full Time Position (approximately 30-40 hours a week)
Start Date: Immediately
Eastern Shore Vet is growing! Are you determined to give the best to clients and ensure you are doing all you can for each patient that comes in? Are you outgoing, compassionate, and an effective communicator? Do you treat everyone with utmost respect? Are you detailed-orientated, efficient, work well under pressure, and enjoy working with people and animals? If you answered “Yes!” we want to hear from you!
The role of the Client Care Specialist with PetFocus is one that demands great versatility. Your primary objectives are excellent client and patient care at all times. Your time will be divided equally amongst hospital upkeep, caring for pets, assisting the veterinarians or technicians, administrative duties (including reception) and educating clients on best practices for animal health. It is our commitment and pleasure to work with our clients to ensure we provide the best advice and care at all times.
Excellent communication skills are a must. Knowledge of basic veterinary terminology is preferred, not required. Knowledge of/ability to learn commonly used computer programs and veterinary software is needed. Enthusiasm, self-motivation, and empathy are necessary to excel at this job. You should be people oriented, able to prioritize and work calmly under pressure. Adaptability and flexibility are key traits to possess in this role.
As a Client Care Specialist your job involves client care, animal care, hospital cleanliness, and administrative duties. Maintain, update file/client records. Answering multi-line phone system. Responding and/or directing emails, messages appropriately. Book appointments, process payments, issue invoices and other administrative requirements. You may be called upon to fill a “float” position where you are in multiple areas of the clinic at different times during your shift or your duties change with each shift.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Provides excellent customer service; is able to connect with people in a genuine, friendly and compassionate manner.
-Is a positive and successful communicator; both verbal and written in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with office equipment and the ability to use multiple types of software programs, social media tools, email, phone, fax etc.
- Prior knowledge of or the ability to learn medical terminology and Veterinary software programs
- Ability to work equally effectively with or without supervision.
-Shows initiative and seeks out opportunities to “raise the bar”
-Is dedicated to life long learning
- Detail orientated and excellent organizational skills.
- Graduation from an approved Medical Office Reception Program or relevant background in animal healthcare is preferred, not required
-Previous client care / customer service experience is required
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 30-40 per week
Salary: $16.00-$18.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Porters Lake, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Front desk: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person