The Garde/Second cook is responsible running the hot and cold appetizer section for of all meals and ensuring the kitchen, dining and living areas are clean and sanitary at all times. They must be able to multitask fast yet diligently with a focus on consistency while open to direction.
Usually starts to work at 2:00PM, available weekdays, weekends and holidays.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Maintaining cold food par levels and preparing these items.
- Lead and supervise the quality and quantity of the food offered in the appetizer section, as well as coordinate the production as it relates to all banquets
- Review all banquet contracts to ensure all menu items and set-ups are prepared on time and accordingly.
- Produce all soups, salads, garnishes, desserts and hot apps in a timely manner controlling chit times.
- Prepare vegetables for the entrée section and assist in plating entrees.
- Supervise and assist the breakfast/lunch cook when needed.
- Prepares & executes pasta bar and assists with buffets.
- Provide training for new Colleagues.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas at all times.
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Ensure all mise-en-place is always freshly prepared and on time.
- Ensure all dishes are being efficiently prepared to the correct recipe and to the correct quantity.
- Ensure any anticipated issues are communicated promptly to the Executive Chef and Sous Chefs
- Have a good knowledge on health & safety, hygiene, equal opportunities, HACCP and any other legislation.
- Able to handle pressure calmly and professionally
Job Type: Full-time
- Line cook: 2 years (Required)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (Preferred)