Environmental Services (EVS) is staffed by a dedicated team who are responsible for the eradication of germs and cleanliness of the health centre and two off site locations. EVS cleans approximately 800,000 square feet. In order to enhance our quality efforts, EVS employs an educator who is responsible for ensuring that all staff understand what to clean, how to clean and what products to use to ensure PIDAC standards are followed.
As the EVS Aide, you perform general and specific duties in assigned areas in accordance with EVS (Housekeeping) Department standards of practice, policies and procedures. The principal responsibilities include:
- cleaning and maintaining patient rooms, hallways, kitchens, bathrooms, offices, etc.;
- removing recyclables and garbage/waste from multiple locations;
- performing floor care, within scope of authority, moving furniture and other items, as required;
- cleaning, disinfecting and maintaining Operating Rooms (O.R.) according to O.R. standards;
- cleaning and maintaining elevators and stairs; performing other duties in support of the Housekeeping function;
- performing cross-functional and other duties as assigned and/or required.
As a qualified candidate you will have the following job requirements:
You will be a great fit for this position if you have:
- Successful completion of a high school diploma or recognized equivalent
- One year of experience working in a housekeeping department
- Ability to use tools and equipment common to the work being performed including: vacuum, dry mop, auto scrubber, polisher etc.
- Able to meet the physical demands of the job including - standing, sweeping, pushing/pulling carts, reaching forward and above and below the shoulders, able to lift up to 15 kg
- Knowledge of Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS), chemicals and dilution rates
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and other relevant legislation
- Familiar in handling different types of wastes throughout the health centre
- Compliance with Body Substance Precaution provisions
- Compliance with sanitary and infection control requirements
- Demonstrated ability to be well organized, motivated and be able to handle a constant and varied workload and adjust priorities
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diverse backgrounds
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance with RVH standards
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task and work independently
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently to understand verbal orders and/or instructions