The Calgary Family Therapy Centre (CFTC) maintains a well-integrated and high-quality service, education, and research program in systemic family therapy. The Centre is a non-profit society located in Northwest Calgary and has been granted charitable status. Our focus is to work with the families of adolescents or children who are struggling with serious mental health problems. Over the past 5 decades, we have provided clinical family therapy services to about 500 Alberta families per year. These families are invited to participate in ongoing training and research activities. Our team (both part-time and full-time) consists of about 20 members including professionals (in psychology, social work, and psychiatry), admin staff, and post-graduate trainees.
We are seeking a Full-Time Administrative Officer to support our team and to welcome our clients in a friendly manner. The successful candidate would be someone looking for a new challenge and who is committed to enable our team in working efficiently and effectively with the families that come to us in difficult times.
- · Manage and coordinate all administrative activities and staff.
- · Create and monitor adherence to the safety policies and procedures.
- · Personnel management, admin staff training and orient new staff.
- · File management, electronic and archiving paper records.
- · Manage time ensuring deadlines are met.
- · Coordinate and manage office activities and personnel and delegate tasks.
- · Review monthly and quarterly financial statements.
- · Prepare invoices where applicable.
- · Create and/or analyze reports and statistics.
- · Monitor office supplies inventory and order supplies as needed.
- · Maintain office equipment inventory and order equipment as needed.
- · Manage public inquires about the program and from vendors.
- · Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Skills & Qualifications:
- · Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with a high level of customer service skills.
- · Must have excellent organizational skills with a proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to meet deadlines with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy in completing work assignments.
- · Must have excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Microsoft Office 365, especially SharePoint, Outlook (email, calendar, tasks), Excel, Word; and ideally PowerBI, Power Apps, Planner, and Power Automate. Website-building skills based on WIX is also desirable.
- · Must have ability to monitor and support other team members with our SharePoint-based electronic records.
- · Must have an understanding of financial statements and account management.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T2M 3Y7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-08-01