Job title :
PRACTICE LEAD, ACCESS AND EFFICIENCY
ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is looking for a Practice Lead, Access and Efficiency to join our lively team in Kelowna, B.C.! If you are interested in expanding your career opportunities, this is the position for you!
About the Role:
The Practice Lead is responsible for planning, coordinating, and facilitating the implementation of regional strategies by working collaboratively with operational leaders in their designated areas of assignment. The Practice Lead has strong clinical knowledge in cross-portfolio care programs and care planning and has a comprehensive understanding of system processes to ensure effective linkages are in place across the continuum of care.
Working as a member of the Regional Initiatives Team to ensure a consistent approach to meet organizational priorities that increases the quality of care to patients, clients, and residents who receive healthcare services, the Practice Lead is committed to high quality, research-based practice with measurable outcomes.
The Practice Lead works as a collaborative member of cross-portfolio operational teams to facilitate regional standards, while recognizing local site differences in capacity and resources. During the implementation of regional initiatives, the Practice Lead strives to build capacity within the site for ongoing sustainable practice.
The successful applicant will be required to be exceedingly flexible with respect to how, where, and when the work is to be done.
Some Key Duties may include:
Quality, Safety, and Effectiveness
- Facilitates the implementation of quality improvement initiatives that inform the continuous development of Access & Efficiency/ALC Management and other operational strategies.
- Collaborates with multi-disciplinary teams to examine client-centered processes and performance/ quality indicators to measure the effectiveness of service delivery.
- Collaborates on the implementation of evidence-based practice standards for IH-wide service delivery.
Efficiency and Sustainability
- Collaborates to plan and implement initiatives that improve the flow of patients across the full continuum of care. The focus of the work is to continuously improve and standardize services from the perspective of the patient, the general public, and the clinician.
- Applies principles of quality improvement and LEAN methodology in planning and implementing initiatives.
- Develops strong relationships with operational leaders to ensure full understanding of system needs and the impact of changes.
- Ensures frequent, clear communication with stakeholders throughout change processes,
- Provides information to other departments to support their activities.
- Provides verbal and written presentations as required.
- Collaboratively coordinates and implements Health Authority-wide and/or provincial strategic and service delivery plans, taking direction from objectives and strategies.
- Considers potential approaches and work plans, taking into consideration the diverse stakeholder needs and resources available.
- Collaboratively works with stakeholders to inform planning, based on best practices through consultation and engagement.
- Gathers, synthesizes, and clearly communicates large amounts of complex information and data to support planning activities.
- Collaboratively identifies, prioritizes, and assists with the implementation of initiatives to improve efficiency, quality, coordination, and integration of services along the continuum of care.
- Using a wide range of skills and abilities, as well as a broad system perspective, understands local processes, identifies existing service gaps or issues through multiple clinical reviews, and makes recommendations for change,
- Collaborates with multiple stakeholders to identify and address system-wide gaps that exist.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
An attractive remuneration package and excellent career prospects await the right candidate. We offer one of the best benefit packages and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we also offer paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days). We also offer an attractive defined employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
- A Master’s degree in a health-related field.
- Five to seven years of related experience in implementing and evaluating large-scale projects.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.