Black Diamond rents and sells modular space solutions and workforce accommodation solutions to customers in Canada, the United States and Australia. In North America, we also provide specialized field rentals to oil and gas industries. We serve diverse sectors including oil and gas, mining, power, construction, engineering, military, government, and education.
Since our humble beginnings as a small operation in 2003, we’ve grown to encompass four separate business units, and earned a world class reputation, and a track record of over-delivering on promises.
We offer a career, not a job in an environment known for strength, flexibility and brilliance. Like a diamond we look for people who will grow stronger and shine brighter in a fast pace and challenging environment.
We have a full-time position for a Digital & Creative Media Designer in Calgary, AB.
Black Diamond Group is recruiting for a newly created position of Digital & Creative Media Designer based in our Calgary head office. Reporting to the GM, Marketing & Communications, we are seeking a creative, proactive, and technical multimedia content professional to join our Marketing & Communications team. This role is responsible for creating and refining brand-aligned digital & creative media.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience creating compelling content to engage customers in a variety of media, including social, print, campaigns, events, video and more. They will have the ability to wear many hats and work collaboratively with our Marketing & Communications team as well internal and external stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support overall company goals and objectives by collaborating to develop creative solutions from concept to completion
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary team providing, brand guidance and creative direction
- Create and effectively communicate ideas that demonstrate strong visual design principles and best practices in relation to layout, font, illustration, photography, brand, etc.
- Identify opportunities for enhanced design processes and increased efficiency
- Help maintain digital asset library including developing/updating templates, presentations, etc. and enhance the file management systems
Graphic Design and Visual Communications
- Maintain, leverage, refine, and oversee brand guidelines, ensuring alignment across all channels
- Lead design projects and serve as main point of contact for creative initiatives
- Develop content for web, social, campaigns, sales enablement, events, etc. and produce video, animation, illustration, and multiple creative assets in alignment with our brand standards.
- Design and develop website templates and publish content to the company intranet
- Design, support and execute various marketing collateral, including brochures, product sheets, case studies, and PowerPoint presentations etc. as required
Campaigns and Creative Content
- Present and design creative assets for digital marketing campaigns including web, email, social and landing pages
- Support the development and activation of Black Diamond Group and its companies’ online and offline content strategy
- Proactive, creative, organized team player that excels in creative thinking/problem solving and can maintain brand integrity in a dynamic environment
- 3+ years related experience in graphic design and managing visual projects
- A relevant post-secondary education, preferably in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Web and Multi-Media, Communications or Marketing
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects)\_
- Experience with content and campaign development
- Photography and video production skills
High attention to detail and organizational skills to build and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Project management experience with cross-functional teams and internal stakeholders
- Experience with web content systems, CRM systems (Salesforce), online project management tools, and innovative visual software a definite asset
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communications skills including planning, research design and producing compelling visual content
For more information, please visit www.BlackDiamondGroup.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Black Diamond, our value of respect in the workplace is founded on seeing diversity as a strength, being inclusive and fostering collaboration. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected and heard.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- Stock options
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Graphic design: 1 year (required)
- Videography: 1 year (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-05-02