Are you are looking for a dynamic company with opportunity for growth and development. Do you “own” the results of your work and do everything in your power to make sure your clients are satisfied with the results? If so, we may have a position that is a fit for you.
Brooklin Concrete is a leading precast company that combines dedicated people, proven products with a local focus on exceptional customer service. We offer rewarding career opportunities and we are continually searching for dynamic individuals to join our team.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes a competitive wage, group benefits, Employee Family Assistance Plan, Group RRSP match program, educational assistance, internal succession planning and more.
We are currently looking for a SEASONAL ASSISTANT DISPATCHER
Job Duties include:
- Assist in managing all customer orders that are “Released to Logistics”.
- Assist the Dispatcher and Dispatch Supervisor in the delivery of customer orders by helping schedule our company fleet or for-hire carriers.
- Perform shipment confirmation of customer orders in Brooklin and customs documents as required.
- Follow up on customer orders and deliveries as required.
- Assign delivery duties to drivers to meet customer requirements as required by the Dispatch Supervisor
- Collect all driver logs and ensure Hours of Service regulations are met.
- Collect Trip Sheets and maintain records.
- Perform other duties as required
We offer many opportunities for advancement and have an Education Plan to help you build a successful future with our company.
If this sounds like a fit for you please submit your resume and include your current email address and phone number for contact. Applicants will require their own safety boots to start.
Brooklin Concrete is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of the hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process. Brooklin Concrete is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category/group.
If you want to learn more about our available opportunities, please contact us by the link in this posting. Please provide us with your up-to-date resume and salary expectations. Thank you for your interest in Brooklin Concrete, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Store Discount
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Care
Due to the current Covid out break we will be doing all first interviews via Facetime, Zoom or Skype so you must have access to one of these applications. If chosen for an in person tour you will be provided with safety equipment such as masks for safety
- dispatching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Dispatch personnel according to written schedules and work orders, or as required by emergency situations
- Maintain contact with drivers throughout their shifts and address any routing issues they might have
- Update customers on the status of their deliveries including any delays that occur
- Other duties as requested