Position: Third Party Administration Worker
Type: Full-time (Perm)
Program: Third Party Administration
Posting #: 2310-TPAW-210303
Hourly Rate: $21.92
Schedule: Weekdays (0830-1630)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Elizabeth Fry Society of Greater Vancouver (EFry) is a charitable organization that supports women, girls and children at risk, involved in or affected by the justice system. Our programs work to break the cycle of poverty, addiction, mental illness, homelessness and crime.
Located in offices throughout the Lower Mainland and Victoria, the Third-Party Administration Program case workers assist individuals who are in receipt of social assistance to receive the statutory and regulatory entitlements to which they are entitled. Clients are not able to access service through regular ministry offices due to their high support needs such as mental health and addiction issues. TPA case workers act as a bridge between Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction staff and clients. Staff complete case file documentation, collect and forward information as needed, and assist client to access community resources to meet their needs.
We are hiring a Third Party Administration Worker in Surrey.
· Acts as a third party for administration of social assistance and transference of documents and information.
· Accepts client referrals from the Ministry offices.
· Interviews and assesses clients, gathers information relevant to clients’ problems, needs and risks.
· Maintains regular communication with client and the Ministry, provides progress discussions/reports.
· May provide life skills training in behaviour management, money management and poverty rights, access of entitlement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Diploma or certificate in a related field, or the equivalent education and/or at least one year’s direct program delivery experience in the community social services are required.
· Working knowledge of community-based programs; welfare entitlements and provincial and community services is preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Excellent interpersonal behaviour and good communication skills both written and verbal.
· Strong organizational, advocacy and time management skills.
· Understanding of mental health and addiction issues.
· Ability to respond to clients with mental health and addiction issues in an appropriate manner.
· Crisis management, de-escalation skills are essential.
· Understanding of community-based programs and Ministry regulations regarding entitlements.
· Knowledge of social assistance services as provided by the Ministry of Social Development.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS
· Occupational First Aid Certificate.
· Doctor’s note of fitness required.
· Satisfactory Criminal Record Review (vulnerable sector search).
· Applicants with valid Class 5 driver’s license and access Satisfactory driving record preferred.
· Access to vehicle preferred
This position requires union membership.
Applications from male and female candidates are welcome.
EFry is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applicants that represent those we serve. We welcome applicants with non-traditional educational backgrounds and field experience.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. No phone calls please.
Reference ID: 2310-TPAW-210303
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.92 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- program delivery: 1 year (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place