Cheap accommodation provided starting at $16.50 per day with free cafeteria meal every working day. www.lakelouisejobs.com for other great Hotel Jobs !
Chateau Deli Manager
The one outlet at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise that never sleeps. The Chateau Deli operates 24hrs 365 days of the year with a primarily a to go service as well as 24 seats. Boasting the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise's busiest outlet, the Chateau Deli serves over 200,000 guests yearly.
Hotel Overview: Nestled on the edge of Alberta's Lake Louise in the majestic Canadian Rocky Mountains, The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is an all-season recreational paradise that has attracted guests from around the world since 1890. Only a two-hour drive west of Calgary, the property is enveloped by some of the most spectacular scenery on the planet. Facilities include 554 guest rooms, Health Club and Spa, five restaurants, a deli and a lounge. As well, we also have retail shopping, a business centre, horseback riding and canoeing in the Summer, and sleigh rides in the Winter.
*Summary of Responsibilities:
*Reporting to the Assistant Director of Food and Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- To develop and enhance Fairmont service standards through disciplined administration of departmental Standard Operating Procedures and excellent attention to detail.
- To ensure effective working relationships and clear communication are maintained with all colleagues and leaders in the restaurant and other departments.
- To enhance the leadership skills of the additional leaders in the Deli. This includes the development of decision-making skills, performance management techniques, process mapping and analysis, and sense of urgency and ownership.
- To ensure the financial success of the department by monitoring productivities, revenues and costs. To proactively implement appropriate procedures or programs wherever necessary.
- To ensure that all equipment, fixtures, and furniture of the department are kept in the best repair possible and are used in a safe and proper manner.
- To maintain a clean and well stocked environment for our guests
- Careful merchandising of all products to best achieve revenue targets.
- To liaise with other Food and Beverage departments to ensure that all resources are being equally shared and that the entire division operates as a unified force
- To liaise with the kitchen to ensure that a common vision is shared.
- To critically assess procedures, policies, and methods of operation and alter them where necessary
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program.
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required.
- Departmental payroll administration
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience within restaurants/Food & Beverage industry.
- Post Secondary Degree in Hospitality or Food and Beverage Management an asset
- A dynamic leader with strong organizational skills & passion for Food & Beverage
- Must have strong, proven leadership qualities and management skills
- Working knowledge of Micros and Microsoft application is an asset
Visa Requirements: Applicant must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Lake Louise!www.lakelouisejobs.com
*ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
*At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- supervisory: 2 years (Preferred)