T&T Supermarket Inc. was found in 1993 with two stores in BC. Since then, it has expanded rapidly to become Canada’s largest Asian supermarket chain with 29 stores across the country: 13 in Metro Vancouver, 6 in Alberta, and 10 in Ontario (8 in GTA and 1 in Ottawa, 1 in Waterloo).
Reporting to the Grocery Department Manager (or his/her delegates), the Grocery Associate is responsible to prepare various grocery products in advance for customers to choose from. The position also needs to closely monitor product expiration dates, provide good customer service to our customers by fulfilling their requests, and maintain inventory and workplace cleanliness.
1.Maintain inventory and product quality, follow FIFO concept; ensure full display products
2. Follow procedures to process expired products and manage shrinkage
3. Greet customers by providing good customer service with smile, friendly enthusiasm
4. Assist customers in selecting grocery products and provide recommendations to them, as required
5. Maintain workplace cleanliness, wash and maintain relevant work tools are clean and well-kept
6. Keep the storage area, display cases and walk-in cooler/freezer clean and tidy
7. Familiar with the location of various grocery & items; keep self-updated with all in Grocery Department promotion activities
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
1.Flexible to work in shifts, including weekdays, weekends, evening hours and statutory holidays
2. Be prepared to stand long time and to hands on dealing with products and lifting of products of 40 pounds on a regular basis; able to use working related tools in a safe manner
3. Be prepared to work in low temperature environment (0-4 ���) and/or in freezing environment (-18 ���) occasionally
4. Not allergic in handling grocery and dairy frozen products, such as Milk, Cheese, etc
5. Able to communicate in English and Chinese (Cantonese &/or Mandarin)
6. Knowledge of basic work safety
7. Relevant experience in handling Grocery products is preferred
Safety continues to be T&T Supermarket’s top priority. We’ve established health and safety policies and measures to ensure our Stores, Food Processing & Production Centres and Warehouse & Distribution are as safe as possible.
Staff purchase discount
Paid annual leave, sick leave, marriage leave and bereavement leave
Discounted staff meals
Life and AD&D Insurance
Shift work is required
Weekday & weekend
T&T Supermarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, veteran status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
High School or better