Who is Senior Helpers?
Are you looking for a fast-growing team who is dedicated to supporting our seniors in the community? Senior Helpers has been enriching seniors lives in the community for 3 years across the Durham Region. Senior Helpers is currently looking for caregivers to join our compassionate, caring, and dedicated team!
Qualifications and Skills
- Personal Support Workers, Developmental Support Workers, Social Service Workers, Health Care Aides, Nursing Student, Retired Nurses, or Experienced Companion
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Dedicated, Compassionate, Caring, Professional, and Flexible
Senior Helpers is a private home health care organization that services clients directly in the community in either their; homes, retirement homes, assisted living facility, long term care, or hospitals (just to name a few).
Senior Helpers hires on a part-time basis and has no guarantee of hours on a week to week basis. This job is perfect for someone who is flexible, and fits within a part-time or full-time schedule elsewhere. Specific job responsibilities vary from client to client, and will be communicated to you before the shift, and through our forward-thinking, user friendly app. Care can include; personal care, bathing, toileting, ADLs, medication reminders, meal preparation, light housekeeping, transportation and errands, and enriching companionship and socialization, and end of shift electronic documentation.
- 3-hour shift minimum with all clients and facilities
- Flexible work hours to accommodate any schedule (minimum every other weekend)
- Ongoing client scheduling (ongoing clients, one-time clients)
- Ongoing Training in our Senior Helpers University (online)
- Caregiver of the month, and various other engagement initiatives
- Easy scheduling, communication, and documentation via scheduling app
- Online interviews and orientations available to accommodate a busy schedule
- Paid orientation
- 24/7 on-call assistance for emergencies with yourself, or clients
Apply today and join our Senior Helpers family!
Job Type: Part-Time (No Guaranteed hours)
- Scarborough, Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa, Bowmanville, Courtice, Newcastle, Uxbridge, Port Perry, and everywhere in between!
*In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Senior Helpers Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Senior Helpers hiring process. *
Job Type: Part-time
- caregiver: 1 year (Preferred)
- Durham Region, ON (Required)
- English (Required)